Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>And The Reprogramming Begins
laundrymom 05:42 AM 12-27-2011
Four crying sleepy boogery children. Fun.

It's always so FUN to get overtired, stomach crampy, get away with alot more than normally, missing their parents, usually runny nosed children back after a Christmas filled with sweets, busy schedules, no routines, grandparents house rules, visits from extended families who are bringing new germs into the petri dish.

I love the holidays but it is so hard on the littles.

Hope everyone's days are better than mine is starting out.
iheartkids 05:56 AM 12-27-2011
Easy day for me! Two of my kids are out because of the school break, 1 cancelled today because the mom (who was smart) is recovering from having the flu and decided to take an extra day off work. So I only have 1 here today (besides my own) and because he had such a busy weekend the mom advised me to lay him down for a morning nap...SWEEEET! So right now my kids are still sleeping and he is down for a nap and I am just RE-LAX-ING! Trying to decide how I'm going to spend the day....putting decorations away? reorganizing toys? rearrange the daycare?
laundrymom 06:06 AM 12-27-2011
I've only got 4 so far but will have all ten today.
mismatchedsocks 06:11 AM 12-27-2011
I had only 3 yesterday, they all had morning nap, played nice all day, long afternoon nap and movie in afternoon. I took that time to take down decorations and get some paperwork together for taxes. I am thinking all 8 will be here today, so glad I got one day of "downtime" yesterday to get things done.

I hate when they first come back after being off, more tears in morning drop off, whiny and do not have listening ears on right away. I do go over "rules" at breakfast, and try to make it a laid back day. We shall see today! Good luck everyone!
beachgrl 06:12 AM 12-27-2011
So far one just arrived, looking much less runny nosed than before the holidays..my other expected in the next 30 min, will be an easy fun day today with the two littles.
littlemommy 06:13 AM 12-27-2011
My only one for today came in crying. Sat down for breakfast and she asked to lay down! She's my only one this week. One is out for Christmas break and one gave me notice on Friday that she lost her job. Hopefully an easy week for me.
rbmom 06:35 AM 12-27-2011
I'm right there with ya this morning!
melskids 08:43 AM 12-27-2011
Some of mine are teachers kids...so I'm missing a few this week. Some are on vacation too..so I have a super easy week!

no one came yesterday, 3 today and tomorrow, 2 thurs and 1 fri, and I dont think I will not have anyone next Monday! WooHoo!

I'm dreading next Tuesday though!!!!!
SilverSabre25 08:47 AM 12-27-2011
Mine aren't doing too bad...I, on the other hand, am already missing my quiet, peaceful, fun day yesterday. I need some reprogramming. Looking at my day and my set-up and my program and doing some serious thinking...
melskids 09:22 AM 12-27-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Mine aren't doing too bad...I, on the other hand, am already missing my quiet, peaceful, fun day yesterday. I need some reprogramming. Looking at my day and my set-up and my program and doing some serious thinking...
Me too. Doing some serious cleaning, decluttering, and rearranging this week!!
cheerfuldom 09:59 AM 12-27-2011
I cleaned out the entire playroom and rearranged yesterday. Today 4 of the kids are very tired, the other 2 are hollering and protesting instead of taking naps.
WImom 11:15 AM 12-27-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Four crying sleepy boogery children. Fun.

It's always so FUN to get overtired, stomach crampy, get away with alot more than normally, missing their parents, usually runny nosed children back after a Christmas filled with sweets, busy schedules, no routines, grandparents house rules, visits from extended families who are bringing new germs into the petri dish.

I love the holidays but it is so hard on the littles.

Hope everyone's days are better than mine is starting out.
Your explaining my house except I have 7 here with 5 of them boogery and coughing. I've had one throw himself on the floor 3 times in one hour with a crying fit. Luckily my own kids slept until 9am and were in a good mood and then their grandma took them bowling and to her house for the rest of the day. Thank goodness it's nap time!!
2ndFamilyDC 11:20 AM 12-27-2011
Oh ya, I love the after Christmas screwed up schedules crabby kids too.
Mine are all overly tired. So it was early naptime today.
sahm2three 01:03 PM 12-27-2011
Ugh....the reprogramming. It is sooooooo very painful!
snbauser 01:28 PM 12-27-2011
My reprogramming will be lots of fun since I am closed this week. So come next Monday they will be oh so much fun.
Hunni Bee 03:56 PM 12-27-2011
I was missing a good 2/3 of mine today. And the ones who came were all so sleepy and sick, I had to send one home!! How do you come back from vacation in worse shape than when you left??
C'est la vie. 05:38 AM 12-28-2011
I hear you. Not to mention that most of ours are coming in with parents still at home on vacation.

On the other hand, I'll be bringing in one child (my 2 year old son) who's exactly the same. Sleepy, boogery and has been cuddled by Nana for 4 days. I did however have the courtesy to wean him off the sugar by boxing day. LOL. My daughter however will stay home with Daddy and rest. She's boogery and really not feeling well. My husband was up with my son most of the night and could do with a little reprieve too.

Thank heavens for 3 day work weeks!
mismatchedsocks 06:22 AM 12-28-2011
So far so good, but I have had half the kids not come since parents are mostly off this week. However next Wednesday the kids go back to school and I plan to get back on track with them. Hopefully it will be less sugar fiends and sleepy kids by then.
countrymom 06:32 AM 12-28-2011
today I only have 2 (brother and sister) then no one till next tues. Oh dear lord help me next tues, because thats when I'm going to get hit with all the crabbies and off schedual kids, and all the kids are still off school till jan.9.
Tags:reprogramming
Reply Up