Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Planning Our First BIG Field Trip
Thriftylady 05:31 PM 02-08-2016
I am planning my first big daycare field trip. We do the park and library, or sometimes the McDonalds play place in the winter, but this is a biggie! I have already asked my two families and they are interested in sending the kiddos. Catch is it is on a Saturday and isn't until May but planning early since it will be a big trip. It is a 90 mile drive one way, but everything is a drive from our tiny town. I guess I should tell you what it is!!!! It is special!!! DH and I have been and I am looking forward to taking my kiddos! It is going to cost around $25 each for the day (I am not really making money on care this day just want to do this). So this is what we are going to do....

http://www.hvsry.org/trainlist/ Where we will be riding the 12:00 NOON TO HAYDENVILLE.

We will be driving there and having a snack and after our ride have a picnic lunch in the park before returning back to the daycare.
jenboo 06:39 PM 02-08-2016
How fun! I wanted to take my family on the train near us but they just cancelled it for at least the year
Thriftylady 06:44 PM 02-08-2016
Originally Posted by jenboo:
How fun! I wanted to take my family on the train near us but they just cancelled it for at least the year
This one is really cool. It is historic train cars on a historic track. You go through some historic areas such as Ohio's last company town. There are some old buildings on the historic register that are being brought back to period. Even the depo is historic. It is so neat. And the train makes a stop in a little "town" where they have historic actors a blacksmith, a woodworker, women quilting and such in period clothing. It is an awesome experience. DH and I went on the longer ride, but I thought an hour and a half was plenty for the kids. We may actually have our picnic lunch on the train (they allow you to bring food and drinks), I haven't decided yet. And all the workers and such are volunteers it is so affordable!
Josiegirl 01:41 AM 02-09-2016
Hey I wanna go!! That sounds like an awesome day for the kids(and you!!)! How fun!!
rosieteddy 12:56 PM 02-10-2016
I hope you are charging the parents the field trip cost. If not you should.If each family added $5 .00 to tuition each week starting March then you would have enough to cover the ticket and the "special lunch".Any leftover money you could spend for 2 snacks coming and going. Parents should be fine with this . Sounds fun.
Thriftylady 01:01 PM 02-10-2016
I am charging the parents $25 per child for the trip. That includes the train tickets ($10 per child, $13 for adults), one snack, lunch (picnic either at the park or on the train not sure which yet, but all food and drinks will be brought from the daycare home in a cooler), and transportation. I am not charging a day of care though. Just $25 per child. The fee should cover fuel for the tip, tickets for all children, ticket for one adult, and food pretty easily. I plan to take 4 kiddos. DH and DD would like to go, but of course I can't charge that into the cost for kiddos.
mamamanda 03:56 AM 02-12-2016
This sounds so fun! I bet you will have a great time!
Thriftylady 04:21 AM 02-12-2016
Hubby and I really enjoyed it when we went. This time I think my fun will be watching the kiddos enjoy it.
rosieteddy 07:40 AM 02-12-2016
That sounds fun.Parents should appreciate your including the daycare kids.
Reply Up