Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: Do you have a daycare Facebook account?
Yes 29 47.54%
No 32 52.46%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>To Face Book Or NOT To Face Book, This Is The Questions!
daycare 12:49 PM 09-27-2011
Can we start a poll?? I don't know how to make them...lol sorry Silver maybe you can help?

How many of you have face book for your business?

Would you recommend haivng one?

If you do have one, what are the pros and cons of haivng it?
melskids 12:52 PM 09-27-2011
i have one and i love it. for me, its much easier to keep the parents in the loop, send pics, newsletters, emails, etc.

parents can like my page, without "friending" me personally

i dont really have any cons
SilverSabre25 12:54 PM 09-27-2011
There's your poll daycare.

I have one, I use it when I'm on my game (which I'm not atm)--I post funny anecdotes, meals, activities, and other information. 2/3 of my parents are on there...I need to get the third one added but she keeps forgetting to look for me. I like it. It works for me.

I would like it even better if I had a smartphone though and could do mobile uploads and stuff.
AmandasFCC 12:58 PM 09-27-2011
I have one, I also have a website. The parents use neither. I tried to keep things on there like our weekly menu and information that they NEEDED, I said I'd be updating that rather than giving written notices and still, no one visited the site.
Christian Mother 01:47 PM 09-27-2011
I've only been running my in home daycare for 2 1/2 yrs now so I am slowly trying to get it together..lol!!

I do have a regular fb acct that the parents are on. I would love to create a websight for my daycare but I am not sure how to create one...a free one at that. Then perhaps I could create a personal fb for my daycare. But I don't worry at all about my regular fb acct.
daycare 01:51 PM 09-27-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
There's your poll daycare.

I have one, I use it when I'm on my game (which I'm not atm)--I post funny anecdotes, meals, activities, and other information. 2/3 of my parents are on there...I need to get the third one added but she keeps forgetting to look for me. I like it. It works for me.

I would like it even better if I had a smartphone though and could do mobile uploads and stuff.
heheheheh thanks so much you rock!!
wdmmom 01:57 PM 09-27-2011
I use mine to save on paper!

I have all current clients on there. They leave, they are deleted.

I post my breakfast and lunch menu, any happenings, newsletters, etc on there for them all to see including pictures! It works well and saves me on having to buy a new ink cartridge for the printer every other week!
DaycareMama 02:19 PM 09-27-2011
I don't currently have one. I have been thinking about it though. I think it would be nice for parents. But I would still have them sign off on a waiver if you do photos. Just to cover your self
graham.shellbell 02:46 PM 09-27-2011
I have one for the daycare with my parents on it..use it mostly for pictures.. was too time consuming to send pics individually all the time. Give updates and cute things done or said. Most of my parents seem to like it!
sharlan 03:14 PM 09-27-2011
I guess I should have read farther.

I have a facebook page to keep in touch with friends and family that don't live in this area. I do not have a page for my business.
Michael 04:31 PM 09-27-2011
Originally Posted by AmandasFCC:
I have one, I also have a website. The parents use neither. I tried to keep things on there like our weekly menu and information that they NEEDED, I said I'd be updating that rather than giving written notices and still, no one visited the site.
They are not Internet savvy? Where do you live?
WImom 04:42 PM 09-27-2011
I have a personal one but not a business one. I've debating on it though.
PitterPatter 05:59 PM 09-27-2011
No need here. Most of my clients don't have computers and the ones that have cell phones and do access the web a little don't use FB. I thought about offering a FB just for them last year but no one is interested. Most of my clients are families on subsidized payments.
beachgrl 06:43 PM 09-27-2011
I have one just for networking and getting my name out there for possible clients and if I get parents who are interested they can like my business page, but I don't friend anyone on my personal page unless they are actually my friend, I keep them separate. I may add pics of the kids and things we do to the business page in the future depending on my parents.

I am planning to add pics I take during the day to a digital frame and hang it on the wall near my parent board and sign out area so they can see pics of what their little ones during the day.
daycare 07:10 PM 09-27-2011
Originally Posted by beachgrl:
I have one just for networking and getting my name out there for possible clients and if I get parents who are interested they can like my business page, but I don't friend anyone on my personal page unless they are actually my friend, I keep them separate. I may add pics of the kids and things we do to the business page in the future depending on my parents.

I am planning to add pics I take during the day to a digital frame and hang it on the wall near my parent board and sign out area so they can see pics of what their little ones during the day.
I like the digital frame idea for parents. That's an awesome idea. But I would still like to find more ways to advertise.
Crazy8 11:37 AM 09-29-2011
funny how this poll is just about 50/50 right now!!

I have a FB business fan page for advertising -anyone can "like" it and there are very little privacy settings. Then I have a FB personal acct in the daycare name that only has parents as friends. I can share more personal stuff there. They will be deleted when their child leaves my care so it is always just a handful of current families.
Cat Herder 12:39 PM 09-29-2011
I LOVE my daycare FB page!!

I post our artwork,curriculum's, activities, photos, schedules, FAQ'S, articles, local fundraisers/family fun events, coupons, book club fliers...really anything I want them to see.

When I am ready to start looking around for new clients I just change the privacy settings on some things to friends of friends....

Instant, free, word of mouth advertising since all my clients comment almost daily.

Also in the private messaging section it keeps all of our former conversations so I can just scroll up to show them where YES I have discussed this with them a few times before....then refer them to the left hand side to re-read the policies and handbook (that they clicked "Like" on). All on one page....It is like magic.
Gigi 10:48 PM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by LittleDiamonds:
funny how this poll is just about 50/50 right now!!

I have a FB business fan page for advertising -anyone can "like" it and there are very little privacy settings. Then I have a FB personal acct in the daycare name that only has parents as friends. I can share more personal stuff there. They will be deleted when their child leaves my care so it is always just a handful of current families.
I agree this is the best set-up - I think.. Because it can be kind of hard to keep changing the privacy settings.. Especially with FB constantly changing.

So when a child leaves your care - simply deleting is all you need to do.

And it's safer!
Doodlebug 07:45 AM 10-01-2011
Our licensor says it is a breach of confidentiality to post pix of the kids even if it is a "closed" account for my business and invitation only.

What do your licensors think about it?
daycare 11:52 AM 10-01-2011
I'm in ca and my LIC does not care how I advertise as long as I post my LIC number when posting an ad anywhere. They really don't have any say on how I run my business as long as I am working Within the state regulations.

Also a simple permission to photo/post pictures of kids form signed by the parents takes care of that.

Are you sure your right about that? That sounds odd to me..
Crazy8 02:50 PM 10-01-2011
Originally Posted by Doodlebug:
Our licensor says it is a breach of confidentiality to post pix of the kids even if it is a "closed" account for my business and invitation only.

What do your licensors think about it?
I am in a state with VERY little licensing regulations, so there is no regulation but all my parents are required to sign a release for photos. Heck, even our CCR&R agency has a public FB page and THEY have posted pics of kids so I guess they are ok with it. I don't post pics of kids on my public page though.
Cat Herder 04:52 PM 10-02-2011
Originally Posted by Doodlebug:

What do your licensor's think about it?
My contracts are with my clients and I.

Our licensor's have no saying in things like that.

As far as my clients, they are the one's who asked me to open the facebook page.
Tags:facebook, poll
Reply Up