Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Would You Terminate This Child?
Lorna 06:20 AM 09-18-2013
I have a new child that has been here about 3 months. Most of the time the child has had diarrhea. The mom and dad are separated. The mom admitted to feeding the child entire meals of fruit. At first I kept telling them he had diarrhea but hadn't sent him home because they had said its fruit. I just kept warning them I would have to send him home. So now on Monday he had diarrhea and I called at 11 for them to pick him up. Told him he couldn't come back until Wed. He dropped him off this morning. I asked how the diarrhea was and he said he had a solid poop. Proceeded to show me a picture that he had on his phone of a solid poop. Didn't look very solid to me. It was a loose poop in a little pile. I pointed out it didn't look all that solid, but wasn't diarrhea. He said that oh yeah it was really solid. bull. I asked if the mom said she had given him fruit again and he said no. She said she gave him nothing. The Aunt had told me the mom doesn't like being told what to do, doesn't want to take any advice. So I think this is not going to get resolved. So I am thinking now with the next bout of diarrhea I send him home. Out for 24 hours and tell them maybe they should start looking for daycare somewhere else.
Tags:diarrhea, forms, health care provider evaluation form
Up