Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Facebook Privacy Question, New Changes Today
Cat Herder 12:40 PM 08-24-2011
I just read that facebook is making it so that users can tag anybody on facebook in photos.... NOT just friends.

Please explain the ramifications of this to me for my Daycare Parents.

We use our Daycare Facebook page daily.

Here is the exact wording.. from MSN

Facebook has revamped user privacy settings to make them easier to manage (see one feature Facebook has implemented). Along with the privacy settings, the social network is also making it possible for users to tag anyone on Facebook, not just friends
MyAngels 09:08 PM 08-24-2011
I read in another article that they have also added a feature that allows users to "approve" the photos that they are tagged in before the tags appear in the photos online. It seems like they've improved one privacy feature, but then relaxed another one.
Crazy8 09:21 PM 08-24-2011
not sure I have this right... but if the photos are on YOUR facebook page now you can tag anyone, not just your friends, right? Since others can also tag people keeping the privacy on your photo albums would be key here. Just make it so only parents can view the photos in the first place and ask them NOT to add tags (you can always remove tags they add).

Here is what I just read on the subject:

You can tag other people's photos and posts to help them add details. Your name appears with the tag, so it's always clear where it came from. If you aren't friends with the person who owns the post (or if the owner has turned on Tag Review in their privacy settings), they'll be prompted to approve the tag before it gets added.

Looks like there will be a "tag review" option to keep from having unwanted tags. I think if your photo albums are kept private it will be fine!
Cat Herder 04:06 AM 08-25-2011
Thanks guys!!

I had this image in my head of my girlfriends from high school tagging my daycare name into a 20 something bikini photo of me and having it show up for the daycare kids Grandparents to see....

My girls are pranksters and would think it was cute, nostalgic and funny (cheerleaders ). To me it would be horrific..

The accepted dress code from the beach in the 1980's to the mountains in 2011 varies ALOT... I'd dread it coming back to bite me as an adult, here...YKWIM?
Crazy8 05:42 AM 08-25-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Thanks guys!!

I had this image in my head of my girlfriends from high school tagging my daycare name into a 20 something bikini photo of me and having it show up for the daycare kids Grandparents to see....

My girls are pranksters and would think it was cute, nostalgic and funny (cheerleaders ). To me it would be horrific..

The accepted dress code from the beach in the 1980's to the mountains in 2011 varies ALOT... I'd dread it coming back to bite me as an adult, here...YKWIM?
One thing I've always had in my privacy settings is that tagged photos of me are only viewable by me.... for that very reason.
Tags:access, facebook, online, privacy, resolved, security
Reply Up