Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Another FB Question - If You Have A Daycare Personal Page
Crazy8 09:03 PM 08-30-2011
meaning you have your daycare listed as being a "person" - not just a business page.... who do you give access to view it??? Is it ONLY daycare moms and dads or do you open it to their other family members? Do you delete them when they leave your daycare?

I have a regular business page - anyone can "like" it and I post general status updates there but do not like to post pics of the kids, etc. With some creative uses of hyphens I was able to create a personal page under my daycare name that I would like to use for my daycare families to give them a more in depth look at our days. Not sure if I should allow them to share it with other people like grandparents, etc.

What do you do with your page???
Gigi 12:19 AM 08-31-2011
Well, my current business is in Internet Marketing... But I do have a small child and would love to have my own daycare in the future.

If I were you, I would only add friends who are CURRENT parent of enrollees of my daycare... Or one way would be customizing what old members can see - so as not to hurt their feelings?

And use your business FB page, just as an advertising page on what activities you do or coming up, promos and discounts. And updates on anything child care related
Crazy8 05:28 AM 08-31-2011
Originally Posted by Gigi:
Well, my current business is in Internet Marketing... But I do have a small child and would love to have my own daycare in the future.

If I were you, I would only add friends who are CURRENT parent of enrollees of my daycare... Or one way would be customizing what old members can see - so as not to hurt their feelings?

And use your business FB page, just as an advertising page on what activities you do or coming up, promos and discounts. And updates on anything child care related
thanks! Yes, that is how I use the business page - just as general info/advertising, etc. I was leaning towards JUST current families on the personal page but with the newer FB privacy settings (just saw some of them this morning for the first time) maybe I can do something like limiting the access of former families.
wdmmom 06:02 AM 08-31-2011
I have a private FB page for my daycare. I only have current DCP's as friends. Former parents are deleted after their child is no longer in attendance.

I use the site to let parents know what what we are doing or what we've been up to. (For example: One of our friends brought in the movie "Rio" for us to watch today! We're all very excited!")

I also list in the "Notes" section our breakfast and lunch menu, early closings, days off, etc.

The parents love the pictures the most! About once per week I am uploading new photos for them to see.
blessedmess8 06:08 AM 08-31-2011
I also have a personal page! Mostly parents, but a few other trusted people. However, I have settings where there are certain things ONLY parents can see. I have one child who's mom is not on FB, so I don't really post pics of her on there. My parents love it!
mismatchedsocks 06:12 AM 08-31-2011
I used to have both for daycare, but with the privacy settings always being messed with I decided to open up my own website ( free of course!) weebly.com. and i can add whatever i want, menus, pictures, etc. The only thing there is parents cant comment, but thats ok.

But for your question. I would delete when no longer in attendance. I would also have pictures set up just for parents. family members of daycare would be ok with me.
graham.shellbell 06:17 AM 08-31-2011
I have a facebook page that is dedicated to my daycare..I have the families and a few close friends and family of mine. I try to keep it set very private but sometimes worry about who can see it...but at the end of the day all the parents gave their permission for the kids to be on there.
MamaBear 02:12 PM 08-31-2011
I have my own personal FB page that is just for my family & friends... no daycare parents. Then I have a daycare FB page that is only for current daycare parents. I post pictures, videos, updates, etc on here. The parents love it. Once they leave - they get deleted basically

THEN I have a FB daycare page that is ONLY for advertising purposes... The kind of page that people can choose to "LIKE". I only have pictures of the daycare rooms - noooo pictures of kids since its for anyone to see. I've gotten several calls from people seeing it on FB... so it does work
Crazy8 06:49 PM 08-31-2011
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
I have my own personal FB page that is just for my family & friends... no daycare parents. Then I have a daycare FB page that is only for current daycare parents. I post pictures, videos, updates, etc on here. The parents love it. Once they leave - they get deleted basically

THEN I have a FB daycare page that is ONLY for advertising purposes... The kind of page that people can choose to "LIKE". I only have pictures of the daycare rooms - noooo pictures of kids since its for anyone to see. I've gotten several calls from people seeing it on FB... so it does work
This is exactly what I am talking about - I have all the same pages/accounts. So with your daycare page for families, if one asked you if grandma could be added would you or not???
MamaBear 02:09 PM 09-01-2011
Grandparents... maybe. But cousins, aunts, uncles, no. I've never been asked by a grandparent. I guess I would.
Tags:facebook
Reply Up