Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Favorite Daycare Crock-pot Recipes
MsLaura529 09:44 AM 09-14-2013
What are your DCKs favorite crock-pot recipes?

I'm looking for easy and healthy ideas of something I can throw together at about 7am and have it be ready for lunch around noon.

I have about 3 really awesome eaters who will eat, or at least try to eat, anything that is put in front of them. Then I have 2 other ones who are very picky, but love pasta, chicken nuggets and pizza

Thanks!
slorey 10:23 AM 09-14-2013
I was going to post this same question today, but I am looking for ideas for crock pot dinners for my own family. So tired of having to throw together something at 5 and most nights have to be out the door by 5:30 for evening sports practice, etc! We end up eating waaaaay too much processed junk! Can't wait to see the responses you get! Sorry I can't help you out with any recipes though.
Rachel 10:41 AM 09-14-2013
Really easy recipe. Chunk potatoes, onions (and carrots if you want it to be all in one). Put a whole chicken on top (you can also use pieces), spice generously (garlic, onion salt, paprika is usually what I use). I start on high and put it to low until lunch time.

Really good and really simple.
Familycare71 11:21 AM 09-14-2013
Originally Posted by slorey:
I was going to post this same question today, but I am looking for ideas for crock pot dinners for my own family. So tired of having to throw together something at 5 and most nights have to be out the door by 5:30 for evening sports practice, etc! We end up eating waaaaay too much processed junk! Can't wait to see the responses you get! Sorry I can't help you out with any recipes though.
Yes!!! This is what I need as well- would be great to come home to a nice healthy dinner
Familycare71 11:23 AM 09-14-2013
Originally Posted by Rachel:
Really easy recipe. Chunk potatoes, onions (and carrots if you want it to be all in one). Put a whole chicken on top (you can also use pieces), spice generously (garlic, onion salt, paprika is usually what I use). I start on high and put it to low until lunch time.

Really good and really simple.
You don't use any liquid? Do you rub seasoning in the meat or just sprinkle in on everything?
Whole chickens are inexpensive this sounds good
melilley 10:52 AM 09-15-2013
Check out the recipe on here. Do a search for Crockpot Chicken Soup. I made it last winter and everyone including my family LOVED it!
melilley 10:56 AM 09-15-2013
My personal favorite is beef stew or roast (in the crockpot)!
I just use a can of french onion soup or beef broth or beef bouillon cubes and add beef of your choice, potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, and sometimes green beans. Serve with a fruit and biscuits or croissants!
Cradle2crayons 03:21 PM 09-15-2013
I do different recipes in while chickens as well as red beans and rice, spaghetti sauce, soups, most of my dried bans and peas, deer, beef tips, beef stew, meatloaf, and a lot of my casseroles.
Cat Herder 05:01 PM 09-15-2013
I do my crock pot meals based on what I have available. It varies.

Check out http://allrecipes.com and sign up for their free emails "meal of the day". They also have menu planners.

Type "crock pot" in the search box up top... thousands of cool recipes. FREE.

Warning: The site can be addictive and weight gain is a huge posibility.
Familycare71 07:54 PM 09-15-2013
There were only 55... Is there another way you search it??
And I agree- I love allrecipes!
LoraJenkins 08:32 PM 09-15-2013
Here is one for a beef roast. I cut up enough potatoes, carrots, onion & celery to cover the bottom of the crock pot, lay a 3-4lb. Chuck roast on top. Mix 1 pkg of Au Jus Gravy mix and 1 pkg o f Brown gravy mix with 3 cups if water and pour over everything. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours.

The Littles love it!
Cat Herder 05:56 AM 09-16-2013
Originally Posted by Familycare71:
There were only 55... Is there another way you search it??
And I agree- I love allrecipes!
Sorry, yes, they call them "slow cooker" recipes in their big section. 1,128 of them alone there.
Rachel 11:21 AM 09-16-2013
Originally Posted by Familycare71:
You don't use any liquid? Do you rub seasoning in the meat or just sprinkle in on everything?
Whole chickens are inexpensive this sounds good
No, I don't add any liquid (the chicken will sweat and there will be gravy at the bottom. Liquidy. I'm sure you could thicken it to actual gravy but I never have).

I usually just sprinkle the spices on everything. Generous with the spice. It is really easy and really good, and yes, chicken is cheap here too so this is a once a week special at daycare.
missheather 01:55 PM 09-17-2013
I do TONS of crockpot meals!
I usually find the best ones on Pinterest

Some of our favorites:

Salsa Chicken
a couple of boneless chicken breasts
Salsa to cover

You can use this in taco's, enchiladas or just by its self.

BBQ Pulled Pork
Pork Roast
1/2 bottle of BBQ sauce
Cook on low 7-8 hours
Shred and place in Hamburger buns

Mississippi Roast
1 chuck Roast
1 stick butter
1 packet AuJus Seasoning
1 packet ranch dressing seasoning
6 whole pepperoncini peppers

Place roast in crock pot
Cover with remander of ingrediants
cook low 7-8 hours
Shed and eat

This is great with Mashed Potatoes!

Breakfast casserole: Super Yummy! I do before bed and it is ready in the morning

1 bag frozen diced hashbrowns
2 cups shredded cheese
1 lb cooked breakfast meat- Ham or sausage (I normally use jimmy dean sausage)
1 cups milk
10-12 eggs
salt and pepper to taste
1tbs Tapatilo (hot sauce- can leave out if for kids)

Beat eggs and milk.
Add all ingredients to a greased crockpot
Cook low 6-8 hours. (Tip: watch carefully after 7 hours as you do not want it to overcook)

Plain Chicken
Boneless Skinless Chicken
1 can chicken stock
Cook low 7-8 hours

I shred this and keep around to be used in casseroles or for Chicken Salad.
Familycare71 02:50 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by Rachel:
No, I don't add any liquid (the chicken will sweat and there will be gravy at the bottom. Liquidy. I'm sure you could thicken it to actual gravy but I never have).

I usually just sprinkle the spices on everything. Generous with the spice. It is really easy and really good, and yes, chicken is cheap here too so this is a once a week special at daycare.
Awesome thanks!!!
Familycare71 02:51 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Sorry, yes, they call them "slow cooker" recipes in their big section. 1,128 of them alone there.
Ahhh- lol- I knew I was doing something wrong!! Thank you
Scout 08:09 AM 10-10-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
Check out the recipe on here. Do a search for Crockpot Chicken Soup. I made it last winter and everyone including my family LOVED it!
Yes-the crockpot chicken soup is my goto since I found it! I make it every time someone is sick, including dcks!

here is a simple and easy one too.

chicken breasts(leave whole and frozen if you want, I do)
taco seasoning
small to large jar of salsa, depending on amount of chicken
can of drained corn
can of black beans, drained and rinsed

put chicken, corn, and black beans in crockpot. cover with salsa mixed with taco seasoning and cook on low for 8 hours! YUM!
Scout 08:12 AM 10-10-2013
I also just make meatballs and cover with spaghetti sauce for subs and those are yummy too! Probably 8 hours on low
Scout 08:18 AM 10-10-2013
This was my way of using up leftover ham, only i made it for my family...only i ate it but, my dad thought it was delicious too! I will definitely make it again! Cheesy ham and potato soup

http://www.food.com/recipe/crock-pot...sharepinterest
melilley 11:35 AM 10-10-2013
Originally Posted by Scout:
Yes-the crockpot chicken soup is my goto since I found it! I make it every time someone is sick, including dcks!

here is a simple and easy one too.

chicken breasts(leave whole and frozen if you want, I do)
taco seasoning
small to large jar of salsa, depending on amount of chicken
can of drained corn
can of black beans, drained and rinsed

put chicken, corn, and black beans in crockpot. cover with salsa mixed with taco seasoning and cook on low for 8 hours! YUM!
I just made the chicken noodle soup yesterday again! I'll have to try this one too, it sounds really yummy!
e.j. 02:34 PM 10-21-2013
I found this recipe on allrecipes and just tried it last week. We thought it was delicious!

Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken

1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped (I used slices)
1 green bell pepper, chopped (I used slices)
1 lb skinless, boneless checken tenders
1 18 oz bottle of bbq sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
1 cup chili sauce (I left this out)
2 tbs minced garlic (I left this out, too)
1 8oz can pineapple chunks, drained

1. Place onion, peppers and chicken in the bottom of the crock pot
2. Pour bbq sauce and chili sauce over the veggies and chicken
3. Stir garlic and pineapple chunks through bbq sauce.
4. Cook on high 4-5 hours

I served it over rice.
itlw8 03:08 PM 10-22-2013
Love these ideas unfortunately in Missouri we can not cook in crock pots for the childcare. They say they do not get hot enough fast enough but I use mine a lot to fix dinner.
Cynthia 06:44 PM 10-23-2013
My mother would make this camping back in the 60's . So I do it now in the crock pot. I use fresh but it was made with can food. It looks gross but kids love it.

1 pound of ground meat
1 oinon brown and then add to crock pot
now just start adding to pot
potato diced
carrots diced
can tomatoes or stewed use the water in can
tomato past small can
2 cans of pork and beans
1 can of green beans use water in can
1/2 cup of catsup
add just a little water if needed
6hr on high and it done or if you use can it done when hot.
Tags:crock pot, recipe
Reply Up