Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Care.Com Ad - What Would You Ladies Charge For This If You Provided Transportation?
momofboys 06:34 AM 10-02-2013
"I'm looking for a great babysitter for 1 child. Has Own Car: Has a back seat for booster car seat. Pick-up or Drop-off: Take 2nd grader to school. Schedule Details: My daughter has to be at school no later than 8:35 a.m.! Child's interests: Due to colder weather changes, I need transportation. We live two minutes from the school but I am also a caregiver and will be watching other children at this time that can not deal with Winter weather coming up! My daughter is in 2nd grade and we live in Hilliard. I will require a background check and a clean transportation record. I will only pay $15 a week due to it being only one way, for you to get her there so she doesn't have to walk in the snow. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon. "

I think this woman has a lot of nerve expecting someone to drive her child for only $3/day!
itlw8 06:41 AM 10-02-2013
sure I want to drive to your house and make $3 Unless I was a neighbor going anyway it would cost more in gas than she pays.
Unregistered 07:12 AM 10-02-2013
I would charge 50- for 5 days
LaLa1923 09:24 AM 10-02-2013
Originally Posted by momofboys:
"I'm looking for a great babysitter for 1 child. Has Own Car: Has a back seat for booster car seat. Pick-up or Drop-off: Take 2nd grader to school. Schedule Details: My daughter has to be at school no later than 8:35 a.m.! Child's interests: Due to colder weather changes, I need transportation. We live two minutes from the school but I am also a caregiver and will be watching other children at this time that can not deal with Winter weather coming up! My daughter is in 2nd grade and we live in Hilliard. I will require a background check and a clean transportation record. I will only pay $15 a week due to it being only one way, for you to get her there so she doesn't have to walk in the snow. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon. "

I think this woman has a lot of nerve expecting someone to drive her child for only $3/day!

I don't even know how to reply to this. I don't understand why she can't just bundle them all up and walk!! It really does them good to get out in the cold.
MotherNature 10:30 AM 10-02-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
I don't even know how to reply to this. I don't understand why she can't just bundle them all up and walk!! It really does them good to get out in the cold.

Jack Sprat 01:07 PM 10-02-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
Yeah I was wondering that as well! I have told parents to send warm clothes as we will be outside everyday for the min. of 10 minutes.

I would charge at least $50.
Blackcat31 01:11 PM 10-02-2013
Originally Posted by momofboys:

LOL!! Regardless of whether the child actually only rides with ONE way, the driver still needs to return to wherever they are going....

I'm sure she will find someone... I am always surprised at what people will do/put up with for money.
LaLa1923 03:24 PM 10-02-2013
Originally Posted by Lil Monkey:
Yeah I was wondering that as well! I have told parents to send warm clothes as we will be outside everyday for the min. of 10 minutes.

I would charge at least $50.
Ditto!! We will be outside for as long as we can stand it.
Tags:care.com, parents - are clueless
Reply Up