Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Found On My Local FB
284878 03:58 PM 11-23-2015
I saw this ad for babysitting service for black Friday. I know her heart is in the right spot, but I am not sure that she has thought this through all the way.
What is you opinion?
Attached: 1.jpg (36.1 KB) 
Blackcat31 04:44 PM 11-23-2015
Originally Posted by 284878:
I saw this ad for babysitting service for black Friday. I know her heart is in the right spot, but I am not sure that she has thought this through all the way.
What is you opinion?
Yikes..
midaycare 05:27 PM 11-23-2015
Yes, let me drop my child off with a complete stranger. For the night.
DaveA 03:57 AM 11-24-2015
Hey kids- you're going to have a sleepover at a complete stranger's house! Um......No thank you

2 things popped in my head at the same time:

1. I hear Mr. Carlson's voice from WKRP Thanksgiving episode- "I had it planned to the last detail. It was perfect"
2. Someone will look at this and think "What a great idea! Let's go shopping!"
Play Care 05:20 AM 11-24-2015
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
Hey kids- you're going to have a sleepover at a complete stranger's house! Um......No thank you

1. I hear Mr. Carlson's voice from WKRP Thanksgiving episode- "I had it planned to the last detail. It was perfect"

284878 08:06 AM 11-24-2015

My first thought was "safe sleep" for the kids. Would you do anything about this. At this point no one has commented, but she did post her number so someone may call her. She is not licensed.
DaveA 08:35 AM 11-24-2015
My first thought was "safe sleep" for the kids. Would you do anything about this. At this point no one has commented, but she did post her number so someone may call her. She is not licensed.
Frankly I doubt anyone with so little common sense as to leave child alone overnight with a stranger from facebook without thoroughly checking them out wouldn't listen to any concerns I would raise. As much as it leaves me shaking my head I would leave it alone.
Blackcat31 09:13 AM 11-24-2015
Frankly I doubt anyone with so little common sense as to leave child alone overnight with a stranger from facebook without thoroughly checking them out wouldn't listen to any concerns I would raise. As much as it leaves me shaking my head I would leave it alone.
Nope. I wouldn't say a word.

Not your circus, not your monkeys.

Like Dave said, anyone even considering that as an option would only look at you sideways if you suggested it all sounds hinky.

I wouldn't touch that one for nothing.
284878 04:10 PM 11-24-2015
I sent the ad to my licenser so that she can handle it.
momofboys 04:14 PM 11-26-2015
I sent the ad to my licenser so that she can handle it.
I see ads like that all of the time in my area around Black Friday, etc. Most of the people already typically watch children during the daytime or run in-home daycares. I figure it is up to the parents if they so choose to use someone of that nature to check background checks, etc. I wouldn't report them. Just seems to be a way they are trying to make extra $$ for the holidays. I wouldn't personally use them though.
284878 02:36 AM 11-27-2015
I cross checked her name with legal day cares in that area before i reported and she is not on it. I left it up to my licenser anyways.
Hunni Bee 03:34 PM 11-29-2015
I think you did the right thing.

It may well be up to parents if they want to put their kids in such an iffy situation.

But the guilt I'd feel if I turned on the tv the next day to see something horrible happened would kill me.

I doubt this woman cared about anything such as ratios or emergency plans if she was willing to do this.
Tags:black friday, black friday rates, rates
Reply Up