Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nap Time Protester - This or That?
Unregistered 11:16 AM 01-23-2018
If you have a child standing up in a pack n play yelling and whining, not crying, but it’s not keeping the other kids in the room from sleeping, would you:

A: Keepgoing in and laying him down until you win the battle. This can take some time and gets him worked up each time, but eventually he stays put.

OR

B. Leave him alone to hollar until he gets bored and goes to sleep. This also takes some time.

I’ve tried both scenarios. I have to say that option B is easier on me and doesn’t seem to disturb the others much. But should I spend the time and effort teaching him my desired behavior of laying down when placed in bed, or just choose my battles? He’s 14 months old.
hwichlaz 11:18 AM 01-23-2018
A. because in a few short months he'll need to be on a mat or cot and there won't be a mesh wall containing him.
Ariana 01:50 PM 01-23-2018
I almost always do B. I find A rarely, if ever works. I might try A at first but end up doing B with really stubborn kids.

Once he figures out nap time is nap time he will stop protesting. Usually takes between a week to two weeks.
Unregistered 02:12 PM 01-23-2018
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I almost always do B. I find A rarely, if ever works. I might try A at first but end up doing B with really stubborn kids.

Once he figures out nap time is nap time he will stop protesting. Usually takes between a week to two weeks.
He’s part-time too so it’s become a problem. It’s pretty clear he’s picked up any time he makes a peep at home. I swear even though he can’t talk it sounds like he’s just yelling “HEY! HEYYYY!” for 40 minutes. Drives me crazy!!
jenboo 04:42 PM 01-23-2018
B because a never works and i just get frustrated
hwichlaz 10:01 PM 01-23-2018
For those of you that do B....what do you do with a child that won't stay on their mat?
jenboo 05:12 AM 01-24-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
For those of you that do B....what do you do with a child that won't stay on their mat?
If a child is on a mat, that's a whole different ball game. I sit next to them and keep them laying down until nap is over. In this case, 99% of the time they go back to sleep.
Tags:naptime issues, pack n play, won't sleep
Reply Up