Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Halloween 2014 is a Friday...
daycarediva 11:14 AM 10-31-2013
and I will be CLOSED!

No way, no how am I doing this to myself again! Apparently there was mall Tot and trunk or treat last night so I had overtired, hyped up kids and it was down pouring rain all day today. I actually had to call one parent for PU because of massive diarrhea and behavior! (Mom says candy, I say doesn't matter!)

Glad I am closing in less than 2 hours.
hgonzalez 12:04 PM 10-31-2013
ROFL! I can so relate to your post!!!

Even if we are open next year, we don't have to deal with 'the day after' issues!!!!
Play Care 01:29 PM 10-31-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
and I will be CLOSED!

No way, no how am I doing this to myself again! Apparently there was mall Tot and trunk or treat last night so I had overtired, hyped up kids and it was down pouring rain all day today. I actually had to call one parent for PU because of massive diarrhea and behavior! (Mom says candy, I say doesn't matter!)

Glad I am closing in less than 2 hours.
I'm actually closed tomorrow. But I may plan to close next year - at any rate I am NOT doing a costume party. All the boys are in superhero costumes and they've been trying to kick each other's butts all afternoon - to the point we didn't get through any of our games. NEVER AGAIN!
cheerfuldom 01:41 PM 10-31-2013
I am closed tomorrow thank goodness!
JoseyJo 07:01 PM 10-31-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I'm actually closed tomorrow. But I may plan to close next year - at any rate I am NOT doing a costume party. All the boys are in superhero costumes and they've been trying to kick each other's butts all afternoon - to the point we didn't get through any of our games. NEVER AGAIN!
I told my dcks first thing this morning that the first time they fought, wrestled, etc in their costumes that the costumes were coming off and staying off. We started the day with 7 costumes, we ended the day with 2! Even Mario and the fireman had punching as their "moves"
dingledine 08:56 PM 10-31-2013
I'm closing next year on Halloween. Going to MY kids parties at school, next year they will be K and 4th, and then taking them to my husbands work to trick-or-treat.
Tdhmom 06:31 AM 11-01-2013
Originally Posted by JoseyJo:
I told my dcks first thing this morning that the first time they fought, wrestled, etc in their costumes that the costumes were coming off and staying off. We started the day with 7 costumes, we ended the day with 2! Even Mario and the fireman had punching as their "moves"
I said this exact same thing!!! Lol fortunately no one got theirs taken (each got one warning) and it worked! Today on the other hand...no costumes involved but found out 2 got home and in bed at 10:30 last night!!!!! They both are jumping off the dang walls...literally! Counting down the minutes until pick up!!
KIDZRMYBIZ 06:44 AM 11-01-2013
I would love to close and go to my own kids' Halloween parties at school!

Although at drop-off this morning, a dcd tells me that 1.5yo (I've whined about this family on here before about putting him and 3.5yo sister to bed at 6:30 every night) went right home from daycare and to bed "because he was so crabby." So, the only Halloween fun he had was with us. Even though he's not old enough to realize he got gyped, it still made me sad.
SilverSabre25 07:00 AM 11-01-2013
Yeah, it has taken me 3 years but I've finally learned my lesson: Next year I'm closing early on Trick or Treat day. 4 or 4:30 probably, to give me more time to get my kids fed and dressed and pictures taken and stuff.
My3cents 11:23 AM 11-01-2013
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Yeah, it has taken me 3 years but I've finally learned my lesson: Next year I'm closing early on Trick or Treat day. 4 or 4:30 probably, to give me more time to get my kids fed and dressed and pictures taken and stuff.
I forgot to do this. I had one kid here till close. The rest picked up early. Lesson learned. I just forgot to close early this year
jojosmommy 12:41 PM 11-01-2013
I like the idea of closing and helping at my own kids school. great idea!
Tags:halloween, holidays - off
Reply Up