Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It's Pumpkin Patch Day...
hwichlaz 12:34 PM 10-20-2017
...and these kids are OFF THE HOOK.

GRRR parents are meeting us there to help out and take their own kids off my hands during the field trip.
e.j. 03:40 PM 10-20-2017
I'll bet those parents couldn't have arrived soon enough for you! I hope the kids calmed down a little and that you ended up having a good time - as well as an early start to your weekend!
flying_babyb 08:44 PM 10-20-2017
nice! mine were the same way! We had no parent help, 3 teachers, 20 kids. One fell, one peed his pants, one ran through a parking lot. Never again
Josiegirl 02:46 AM 10-21-2017
That's too bad! You make these great fun plans for the children to participate in and then they're so excited and crazy nobody really gets to enjoy the time at the pumpkin patch. Or anywhere you take them.
I used to own a Caravan partly for the reason of field trips. Now I own a Toyota Corolla, partly for having a reason I can't do field trips.
I watch the parents leave with their child/ren at the end of the day and see how they behave....nope, I'm too old now to be dealing with running children who don't listen, outside of a safe barrier.
Kudos to all of you that do!!

I hope your pumpkin patch trip went better than you anticipated!!
e.j. 04:17 PM 10-21-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I used to own a Caravan partly for the reason of field trips. Now I own a Toyota Corolla, partly for having a reason I can't do field trips.
There are days when I really miss my van with the built in car seats. Most of the time, though, I'm happy we traded it in for a small car. Fewer field trips and so much less money spent on gas!
Tags:halloween, pumpkin patch day
Reply Up