Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just Venting Cuz Hubby Doesn't Get It!
ChaserT27 02:00 PM 05-10-2011
So I am fairly new here but had posted about an issue with a 3 yr old. Well I think I got her figured out and am making great progress even in one day.

However this has caused one of my other DCG's to become jealous and has been acting out ALL day!! Her brother is having a tough time with this 10 hour day thing and is miserable from 4 to 5:30 when Mom finally comes. He is just over a year and has been with me since she went back to work. DCG hs been with me since 3 months old! He cries from 4 on, and if someone else comes to the door and he sees it is not her..he screams louder!!
Then one of my other DCGs that I just this week finally got fully adjusted to me and her new schedule happily...her Dad comes today and gives a 3 week notice as his sister will be caring for her now that she is out of school Uggg!! I just got her adjusted!!!! :0(
One of my long time part timers is now full time but Dad who had been caring for her when I have not allowed her to run the show..so it has been a huge battle getting her to realize..I run this show! She has been "the boss" today and I am afraid the other kids will go home yelling at their parents. She went from 5 hrs/ day, three days per week to full 9.5 hour days five times per week..

What a day...we sure it is not Monday???

Hope you all are having a great day where ever you may be!! :-0)
sharlan 02:32 PM 05-10-2011
I hope your day has improved.

After 30 yrs, my hubby still doesn't get it all the time.
ChaserT27 03:13 PM 05-10-2011
Thank you!!
LOL yah I gave up trying :0( So I use the internet as my tool to vent! Used to be Facebook with my "in person" friends however after going through the threads on this site...I am in love <3
I feel bad for so many but it makes me happy to know that my venting is not useless complaining and that others feel the same pain day in and day out :-0) To be able to vent to those that have a full understanding of it all..is priceless
Abigail 03:56 PM 05-10-2011
Do you have a handbook for how you handle situations in your childcare program? If not, I would create one to help you in the future with parents not listening to your rules.
ChaserT27 04:11 PM 05-10-2011
Abigail
No one broke any rules today (parents anyways) but thank you. And yes I have a handbook :0) First thing I did before I started.
jojosmommy 07:54 PM 05-11-2011
I love your post.

My hubs doesent "get it either" but lets just say I don't pay that much attention to his work/hunting/fishing stories/vents either. I am sure he knows it too!
GretasLittleFriends 06:21 AM 05-12-2011
My hubby grew up in a daycare house, his mom did daycare for close to 30 years. His sister also did daycare when her children were younger. He gets it... kind of. Due to his line of work he is gone A LOT. And when he is home it's like a culture shock each time he comes back for both him and our one dog (she goes with him). He is wonderful about letting me vent to him while he's gone, but when he's home he needs a day or two to acclimate before he wants anything to do with any children (other than ours).
ChaserT27 06:30 AM 05-12-2011
LOL
He lets me vent..but then stares at me like I have no reason to do so..some days he agrees and others he is like well you chose this job! My response to that...first umm you gave me twins hence this job! (yes I blame him LMBO)
And second..everyone complains about their job & co workers..I am no different.

He usually walks away in defeat

My friends while understanding, are generally on the other end as well. They do not understand the Provider's point of view..some of my old clients whom I have become good friends with oddly enough get it!! And sympathize with me..hubby however can not even understand why he can not leave a drill on the kitchen table!
Tags:husband, monday
Reply Up