Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Drop Off Advice (2 Kids)
happymom 08:49 AM 12-11-2015
Hi folks,

I have an infant and a 3 year old in a daycare center. The center has around 100 kids, they are divided by age in different rooms (infants, 1 year olds, 2 year olds, 3-4 year olds and SA). There is a long hall way through the daycare, my 3 year old's daycare room is immediately on the left, then the school coat room, and just passed the coat room on the other side is the infant room.

I am trying to find a good way to drop off my boys without causing a huge commotion. My 3 year old is pretty needy at drop off, sometimes he crys/clings, he always wants "14 hugs and 5 kisses" and admittedly really tries to prolong drop off as much as he can.

The smoothest drop offs are the times that I can get my 3 year old to drop off his coat while I am checking in my infant. Then once my big boy's coat is hung, he comes and gives his brother a kiss at the door way, and I take him to his classroom, say goodbye and leave.

I know the daycare center does not want preschoolers in the infant room, and the first day that my infant started, I told my 3 year old that he's not allowed in the infant room, that he can wait outside the door for me, but the second day the teacher in the infant room told him he could come in -- so now I'm trying to back pedal out of that because he did it once.

I've also tried dropping my 3 year old off first. This did not go well. All the preschoolers wanted to see/touch the baby (he's 8 weeks), my 3 year old didn't want to let me leave and move to the next step.

So I feel like it's best to always drop off the baby first, and pick him up last, mostly to avoid the commotion of having the baby in the preschool room. However then it presents me with the problem of having my 3 year old with me when I'm in the baby room. I just don't know which is better and was hoping to get some ideas.

Thanks so much for always being here to answer my questions. I have spoken with my daycare about my situation and they just tell me to pretty much do what works for me and how I'd like. I really need a good idea to help things go smoothly, because drop off and pick up is hard on us!
Tags:drop off behavior, drop off issues
Up