Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>DIY Food Squeeze Pouches
MarinaVanessa 03:05 PM 06-30-2014
So I totally loved the idea of those little pouches of baby purees that you can get at the store and take along with you when you're on the go and as much as I like to pick up a few of them every now and then they're too pricey to get all of the time even for my own baby.

I like to buy a few and take them along with me when I take the lids on walks and when we go to the park but they're $1-$1.50 per pouch not to mention that it's processed baby food ... yuck.

So I just ordered me an Infantino Squeeze Station. I got to try a friend of mine's and I LOVED it! I just puree the baby food and pour it in the cylinders and VOALA. The bags are $17 for 50 but I still calculated that I'd be spending about $.55 per bag including the fruits/veggies, the station sells for $17 on Amazon. I'll save up maybe for the reusable bags and get those later but those are pretty pricey too for a pack of 4. I'm even going to make some for the daycare infants & toddlers.

Just thought I'd share with those that make their own baby food

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009IVKY7Q/...5f97aba2c9cbda

TwinKristi 04:08 PM 06-30-2014
I think the pack of 50 breaks down to 33 cents a piece at $17. It's a really good deal if you make your own purées for sure!!
MarinaVanessa 09:07 AM 07-01-2014
Originally Posted by TwinKristi:
I think the pack of 50 breaks down to 33 cents a piece at $17. It's a really good deal if you make your own purées for sure!!
Yup but I factored in the average amount I spend already making baby purees (I don't like to buy baby food so I make my own even for my DCK's). For me it works out to be $.55 a pouch on the high end so well worth it for me!

Definitely a good way to go if you already make your own baby food. One DCM that buys them for her baby at like $1.50 for some organic kind offered to buy me a box of bags and some fruits/veggies and pay me to make some for her at $1 a bag . "Let me get back to you on that"
melilley 11:12 AM 07-01-2014
I really really wish I knew about these! My ds will be 2 this month, but we used to buy the pouches for when we went out to dinner or for a quick tide over until dinner. I recently quit buying them, (well I do every once in a while) because of the cost and now I can just pack a little jar of fresh fruits/veggies. I'll definitely have to remember this *if* we decide to have another little one.
Reply Up