Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thinking of Buying This........
Meeko 09:49 AM 07-09-2013
http://www.utahrealestate.com/report...oll_to/1163767

OK...in my dreams!

But I'd love to do daycare in THAT basement! The play area with slide is cool. The huge "skate and play" area would be great when weather is not good. The theater should keep them happy and the full kitchen would be great for cooking meals. Oh the things I could do!!!!!!

Then again...if I could afford that house, I'm sure my piddly daycare income wouldn't be needed anyway!
SilverSabre25 09:53 AM 07-09-2013
Originally Posted by Meeko:
http://www.utahrealestate.com/report...oll_to/1163767

OK...in my dreams!

But I'd love to do daycare in THAT basement! The play area with slide is cool. The huge "skate and play" area would be great when weather is not good. The theater should keep them happy and the full kitchen would be great for cooking meals. Oh the things I could do!!!!!!

Then again...if I could afford that house, I'm sure my piddly daycare income wouldn't be needed anyway!
That looks perfect for our needs! A little small, but it would do... Are the schools any good?

(JOKING)
Meeko 09:59 AM 07-09-2013
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
That looks perfect for our needs! A little small, but it would do... Are the schools any good?

(JOKING)
If I could afford that house, I would have my kids privately tutored!!!
Scout 10:15 AM 07-09-2013
Didn't I ever show you my home before? I would kill for that house!! I love the castle basement play area too! And each dck could have their own room to nap!
Blackcat31 10:17 AM 07-09-2013
Um, if I owned that house, I wouldn't allow kids to even enter it.....

The slide would still get lots of use though....
countrymom 10:34 AM 07-09-2013
while its great and all, it just doesn't scream WELCOME. it more like says "come in but don't touch anything or sit anywhere"
e.j. 11:02 AM 07-09-2013
Originally Posted by countrymom:
while its great and all, it just doesn't scream WELCOME. it more like says "come in but don't touch anything or sit anywhere"
But wouldn't it be fun to live there and cozy it up a little! In my next life, I need to be a bazzilionaire!
LK5kids 11:23 AM 07-09-2013
It would be like living in a resort! Maybe it was a weird angle, but for such a huge house that laundry room looked small. Maybe they just give their clothes away after wearing them once!

I couldn't believe how many seating areas there were. I wonder if some of those couches or chairs have never been sat on.

Fun to look at! Thanks!
Scout 11:26 AM 07-09-2013
Originally Posted by LK5kids:
It would be like living in a resort! Maybe it was a weird angle, but for such a huge house that laundry room looked small. Maybe they just give their clothes away after wearing them once!

I couldn't believe how many seating areas there were. I wonder if some of those couches or chairs have never been sat on.

Fun to look at! Thanks!
Now I have to go back and relook at this!!
Scout 11:30 AM 07-09-2013
the lot is too small for such a big house!
MNMommy2 11:51 AM 07-09-2013
Wow! That is actually really pretty. A couple that have been put on here have been super gaudy. I like this one. If only...
Mom2TLE 11:53 AM 07-09-2013
I would probably lose all the dcks in 17000 sqf the ultimate game of hide and go seek everyday. But have to agree with bc no children would be allow to enter if I lived there.
daycare 11:55 AM 07-09-2013
If I owned a house like that I woudnt be doing DC........lol

wishful thinking is fun
mamac 01:10 PM 07-09-2013
Originally Posted by Scout:
the lot is too small for such a big house!
That was my first thought as well when I saw the little area of grass in the back yard. I have just under the .84 acre that they have and I can't imagine a house that size on my lot! My house isn't even have 1/10th of the square footage as that one! My dh would kill for that home theater though...
Cradle2crayons 01:49 PM 07-09-2013
I don't ask for much. Instead of that house, I would accept/settle for a one story house with six bedrooms and three baths.....about 4,000 sq. feet

And a basement with about 3,000 sq. feet... With a full kitchen and all open so we could partition it the way we want it... With two child size bathrooms and one adult full bathroom... With a separate entrance....

And a guest house with two bedrooms and two baths...full kitchen... About 1,000 sq. feet....

On ten acres.... In the woods like we live now....

Yes, I'd settle for that... I don't ask for much....oh wait... Mortgage free... With a power bill no more than $300 a month... And a wrap around porch on the house... Except for on the master... I want a private deck...going to a hot tub...

Is that too much to ask?? Lol
originalkat 02:38 PM 07-09-2013
That is freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The basement was the best part of the house IMO!
Hunni Bee 05:58 PM 07-09-2013
$4 million seems a little inexpensive for that house though....though I agree, the lot is very small. Maybe that's why...
mema 07:02 PM 07-09-2013
Wow! Is it a requirement around there to have a slide, pool, or theatre in home? Didn't you post one once that had like a waterfall or something? It is crazy how much some people need in a home. I don't think it would even feel like a home.
Meeko 07:00 AM 07-10-2013
Originally Posted by mema:
Wow! Is it a requirement around there to have a slide, pool, or theatre in home? Didn't you post one once that had like a waterfall or something? It is crazy how much some people need in a home. I don't think it would even feel like a home.
A lot of the large and expensive homes around here have kid/recreation areas in the basements. It seems like they try to out-do each other But this is Utah and it's not unusual to have a lot of kids and then megaloads of grandkids. I know many people with 20+ grandchildren.

What makes me laugh is when the realtors advertise the view. Newsflash! The mountains are big! Even us folks in humble homes have mountain views!!!
Meeko 07:04 AM 07-10-2013
In all honesty, if I could have any of the local places for sale, it would be this one. I have always wanted a log home. This one at Sundance is gorgeous.

http://www.utahrealestate.com/report...oll_to/1087179

or this one.....

http://www.utahrealestate.com/report...oll_to/1150886
originalkat 03:04 PM 07-10-2013
Utah sure is beautiful!
Meeko 04:00 PM 07-10-2013
Originally Posted by originalkat:
Utah sure is beautiful!
Yes, it is...we spend a lot of time at Sundance as it's very close.. None of us ski!!! but we love it there. So pretty. Great restaurants and theater productions right in the open air during the summer. Arts and crafts classes, various artists come and show their talents. We love going up the ski lift in the summer and getting off at the top to walk around.

The scenery is so beautiful it often makes people get teary-eyed at the majesty of it.
Evansmom 04:28 PM 07-10-2013
Utah is my heart's home. I love it there! It IS so beautiful!

I want to move back so badly. But my 20 year old daughter just had a baby and I can't bear to leave them. Plus I'd worry too much if we weren't around to support this young family.

I really really dislike where I live right now and would do anything to pick up my whole family and move us there! But we are coming up in October Meeko! To visit the BEAUTIFUL fall trees. Ah! I get teary just thinking about it!!
AmyKidsCo 05:44 PM 07-10-2013
NINE bathrooms?! No way am I cleaning that many bathrooms - we have 3 but only use 2 and that's more than I want to clean.

But I suppose if you can afford the house you can afford a cleaning service too.
UtahMomma 07:41 PM 07-10-2013
I'm pretty sure my dad and his company helped build that one haha.
Meeko 05:40 AM 07-11-2013
Originally Posted by UtahMomma:
I'm pretty sure my dad and his company helped build that one haha.
Tell him to build you one!
Reply Up