Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Look Now if Online at Decorah Eagles
grandmom 11:16 AM 04-05-2011
One of the babies is out of the hole in the nest.

http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles
momofsix 11:20 AM 04-05-2011
I know, I'm so worried
momofsix 11:25 AM 04-05-2011
I only looked away for a second, is he back in the "hole"?
blueclouds29 11:27 AM 04-05-2011
yes, i was just watching and mama took her under!! LOL
momofsix 11:30 AM 04-05-2011
Good! I was almost holding my breath what kind of mama lets her baby play 80 feet in the air! LOL
blueclouds29 11:44 AM 04-05-2011
If the eagle only knew how many people were watching him/her.. I see people in the background too watching...
nannyde 11:52 AM 04-05-2011
Originally Posted by momofsix:
Good! I was almost holding my breath what kind of mama lets her baby play 80 feet in the air! LOL

Is there an "eaglet protective service" hotline number where I can call anonymously?

You guys are giving me a heart attack. Those three chicks better LIVE.
MyAngels 11:55 AM 04-05-2011
Did you see the footage the other day when the eaglet latched onto dad's beak and almost got flung out of the nest? You should check out the video called "Unfortunate Incident" on their youtube channel. I thought it was going to be a "fly or fall" learning experience .
momofsix 12:44 PM 04-05-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:

Is there an "eaglet protective service" hotline number where I can call anonymously?You guys are giving me a heart attack. Those three chicks better LIVE.
I would have called them if there was!

I never thought about having any of them die before I started really watching it (and having the kids so into it) but statistically speaking only one in ten survies to adulthood
These 3 better beat the odds!
MG&Lsmom 01:27 PM 04-05-2011
We've been watching this afternoon. Daddy is feeding the eaglets, so cute!

Until I realize where he's getting the food from. EWWWW! My girls are going to have nightmares now.
nannyde 01:38 PM 04-05-2011
Originally Posted by momofsix:
I would have called them if there was!

I never thought about having any of them die before I started really watching it (and having the kids so into it) but statistically speaking only one in ten survies to adulthood
These 3 better beat the odds!
One in ten

Please say it aint so
PitterPatter 05:13 PM 04-05-2011
We were watching them earlier today when Mama was feeding them. I don't know what she was feeding but something was dripping off onto the sibling as it slept next to them. YUK! Told the kids "I don't know what that is but aren't they cute" So glad I wasn't here to see them on the edge!
SilverSabre25 05:15 PM 04-05-2011
Apparently some things are the same throughout the animal kingdom...kids will give their parents countless heart attacks.
Tags:eagle, nature based, nest
Reply Up