Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sickness Everywhere
TwinMama 06:13 PM 04-10-2019
Is anyone else having issues with sickness?!?

In the past month we've had stuffed heads, coughs, pink eye, ear infections, and now influenza is just starting.

I can't even believe it!!! My policy is if they're sick, keep them home, but by the time the sickness actually shows itself.....the kids have been exposed.

This is getting so ridiculous.
Michael 08:24 PM 04-10-2019
We have been pretty much sick-free here. I will keep pushing that we use DAB and it works for us. We are on our 8th bottle. https://dabprotects.com/pages/about
Blackcat31 06:32 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by TwinMama:
Is anyone else having issues with sickness?!?

In the past month we've had stuffed heads, coughs, pink eye, ear infections, and now influenza is just starting.

I can't even believe it!!! My policy is if they're sick, keep them home, but by the time the sickness actually shows itself.....the kids have been exposed.

This is getting so ridiculous.

It's that time of year up here....

Things are starting to thaw and yet it's still a bit chilly at night. Everyone is indoors but yet trying to sneak bits of outside time when possible....it's all a perfect growing environment for germs.

Colds, Influenza, strep, sinus issues, allergies and of course stomach bugs.

Best thing you can do is exclude for symptoms, use the 24/48 hour rule when the child is sent home from care and be really diligent with hand washing and sanitizing.

Open the windows when the weather allows, take a walk around the block with the kiddos just for the exercise and really push the healthy fruits and veggies right now!

Here are some immune boosting foods we really push this time of year:

Citrus fruits
Red bell peppers
Broccoli
Garlic
Ginger
Spinach
Yogurt

Leigh 09:20 AM 04-11-2019
I went years without illness spreading around daycare. Last year, our school district started pushing "no more than four". They push for kids to miss no more than 4 days of school per year, which would be great, if it didnt mean sick kids being sent to school! This winter has been horrible-not just for kids, but for adults, too. It has facilitated the spread of illlness through the entire community! Everyone i know has been sick all winter!
Ariana 10:08 AM 04-11-2019
We have been completely healthy since Christmas at the daycare! The new infant had roseola her first week but no one else had it or got it so she likely picked it up somehwere else. Even the kid who had been non stop sick from September to December has been healthy!! My youngest daughter had an ear infection in October but other than that our family has also been healthy.

**KNOCK ON WOOD**

Last year was our year of sickness, it was sooooo bad
Mom2Two 11:26 AM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Citrus fruits
Red bell peppers
Broccoli
Garlic
Ginger
Spinach
Yogurt
I do something like this as well. I know that mandarin oranges are kinda expensive, but I have always served them, chopped, every Winter since I started in daycare.

I use our Vitamix a lot, trying to make yummy smoothies that include a lot of good things.
Mom2Two 11:31 AM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I went years without illness spreading around daycare. Last year, our school district started pushing "no more than four". They push for kids to miss no more than 4 days of school per year, which would be great, if it didnt mean sick kids being sent to school! This winter has been horrible-not just for kids, but for adults, too. It has facilitated the spread of illlness through the entire community! Everyone i know has been sick all winter!
I hate this! How is going to school sick helping anyone? Kids aren't going to learn more if they're spreading illnesses to each other.
Tags:sickness
Reply Up