Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Do To Let Off Steam?
Lkurtyak 07:11 PM 08-20-2013
I played roller derby until I very recently injured myself (I wasn't playing derby at the time of the injury as luck would have it), and I found that having a place to go twice a week to get out of the house made me a much better daycare provider.

Being injured made it much more difficult to chase the little ones around, so I'm hesitant to go back to the sport. What do you do? I need some ideas.
Laurel 07:22 PM 08-20-2013
Originally Posted by Lkurtyak:
I played roller derby until I very recently injured myself (I wasn't playing derby at the time of the injury as luck would have it), and I found that having a place to go twice a week to get out of the house made me a much better daycare provider.

Being injured made it much more difficult to chase the little ones around, so I'm hesitant to go back to the sport. What do you do? I need some ideas.
I go out to dinner with two provider friends. They really understand the job stuff plus we just have fun. We go for dinner and a little shopping once a week.

I'd like to do something else also, like a hobby, but haven't had many ideas. I found out that I'm bad at abstract painting though. My granddaughter said "How can you be bad at abstract painting grandma; it's abstract?"

Laurel
Willow 07:36 PM 08-20-2013
I run, do yoga/meditate, ride horse, shoot bow, hunt, fish and when all else fails I knock back a glass (I lovingly call my "fishbowl") of wine
BumbleBee 04:41 AM 08-21-2013
I bike every night I can. Sometimes a short ride, sometimes long - depends on how stressed I am.
coolconfidentme 04:53 AM 08-21-2013
RUN!!!!
I completed my 1st ultra marathon a couple weeks ago too. That's 8 hours of de-stressing...
LK5kids 05:21 AM 08-21-2013
I
Exercise
Have a sub once a week so I can get out and do coffee with friends
Card making
Canoeing
Biking-as in bicycle
Shop
Get out in nature as much as possible
Cradle2crayons 07:39 AM 08-21-2013
Really I don't do anything to let off steam. I rarely get steamed to be honest. My patience sometimes becomes a nuisance to others lol

But things I enjoy doing are sewing and working outside.
Tags:stressed - no more, unwind
Reply Up