Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Use To Hold Diapers???
Crazy8 06:18 AM 08-22-2011
If you have a changing area in your daycare - what do you use to keep diapers, wipes, cream, etc. - the things you'd need near you during a change??

I am still not happy with the layout of my playroom (posted pics of it here a few weeks ago) and thinking of how to lose the cabinet I'm using for diapers, etc. Maybe something that can go on the wall but not be an eyesore?? I often have as many as 4 kids in diapers at a time so it has to be able to hold a bit but I can keep the extras in my hall closet.
Cat Herder 06:23 AM 08-22-2011
Hanging baskets come in handy.

They meet my regs.

1. Out of reach of children.
2. Not touching the diaper changing surace.
wdmmom 06:27 AM 08-22-2011
I have a shelving unit that hold the fabric storage squares. Works great!
E Daycare 06:33 AM 08-22-2011
I use clear plastic containers from ikea on the shelf below the changing table. Allows me to see quickly if I'm running soon out too.
SilverSabre25 06:51 AM 08-22-2011
As soon as I find new batteries for my camera (today, I hope...) I'll post pictures of my changing area. I have a hanging pocket thing from Ikea on the wall that holds diapers (and cream, etc, if I would need it but no one I have right now uses it) and then for extra diapers, clothes, etc, I use plastic shoeboxes below.
Crazy8 08:12 AM 08-22-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
As soon as I find new batteries for my camera (today, I hope...) I'll post pictures of my changing area. I have a hanging pocket thing from Ikea on the wall that holds diapers (and cream, etc, if I would need it but no one I have right now uses it) and then for extra diapers, clothes, etc, I use plastic shoeboxes below.
I'd love to see it! I always hear of the great things people find in Ikea. Our closest one is an hour away, I've only been there once.

Catherder... what type of hanging baskets??
Crazy8 08:14 AM 08-22-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
I have a shelving unit that hold the fabric storage squares. Works great!
do you have one on the wall or on the floor?? I have a ton of those units in my playroom and love them. Thought of doing a 4 square thing of them on the wall but afraid they will stick out too far and I'll bump a kid in the head getting on/off the changing table. I think I need something not as deep as those if I'm putting them on the wall.
Crazy8 08:20 AM 08-22-2011
an idea I'm toying with.... wall is only 30" long so thinking maybe a 24" shelf with wicker baskets above the changing table. Not sure if that would be big enough though for 4-5 baskets.

Here is the area (just bought that tall skinny cabinet thing - but hate the way it looks!!):

so, one long shelf above table on that short wall... yes or no good???
Meeko 08:21 AM 08-22-2011
My husband built a changing table over the tub in the kids bathroom. The sink vanity is quite long. I bought two cd shelves. They are narrow in depth. They stand on either side of the sink and each child had their own labeled shelf with diapers.
SunflowerMama 08:31 AM 08-22-2011
I do cloth diapers and store in my laundry area but keep all the diapers for going home here....

Just a cheap shoe organizer in the back of the door. When the door is open you don't even know it's there. I love it and my licensing rep. thought it was great.
Meeko 09:35 AM 08-25-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
My husband built a changing table over the tub in the kids bathroom. The sink vanity is quite long. I bought two cd shelves. They are narrow in depth. They stand on either side of the sink and each child had their own labeled shelf with diapers.
Photo explains better. They are originally designed to hold CD's.

Hubby bolted the towers to the wall. Each child has a labelled shelf for their diapers. My changing table is actually built over the tub which is opposite the sink area.
Attached: diaper storage.jpg (231.8 KB) 
sahm2three 09:56 AM 08-29-2011
I use a shoe organizer that hangs on my bedroom door. When diaper change time comes along, I go grab a diaper for each kiddo. Works Awesome! Each kid gets a row so I label each row with their name.

Edited to ad it is a vinyl type thing that is designed to hold a pair of shoes. It holds about 8 diapers in each slot. Pretty handy!
Crazy8 11:32 AM 08-29-2011
I guess I just want something prettier than a shoe organizer. I saw this but its still not exactly what I'd like.

Tags:diaper - ideas, diaper - storage, diaper changing station, storage
Reply Up