Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Current Generation of Parents Child Care Needs
Littlepeopleprovider 09:24 AM 08-10-2020
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum but I've been following for about a year now. First I just want to say thank you to all of you that post on here! It has been extremely helpful with my daycare business!

I've been interviewing families for openings and noticed a trend with many of the families daycare needs. Most parents that I have recently interviewed seem to be asking for part-time care, organic only foods or vegan meals, not wanting to potty train until ages 3 or 4, want their child rocked/soothed to sleep because they cosleep at home, and don't want to pay the going rate for quality care.

Has anyone else encountered these things, if so, how do you find families to enroll and be a good fit in your program?
Cat Herder 09:55 AM 08-10-2020
I decided what my program would be and told them, I don't ask. You will never get two parents with the same goals that way. Most don't even know what their end goal or philosophy is.

You are interviewing them, not the other way around.
Mariposa 10:04 AM 08-10-2020
I agree. I can make some small accomodations but I cannot cater to everyone's wish. They can go to a daycare that does that, you won't be the right fit.
Meeko 06:34 PM 08-12-2020
All organic? I'd go broke reeeeeal quick. Organic milk is about $6 a gallon around here, compared to regular 1% at $2.69 on average.
I go through at least two gallons a day just for the daycare, let alone what us 4 adults use. No way!
Littlepeopleprovider 04:52 AM 08-13-2020
Exactly! I don't cater to the parents' requests unless it's small and doesn't impact my program. I let them know what I do offer during the initial phone interview and they ask these things or let me know what they want. I just noticed it is a trend in this area when getting calls from new parents. Does anyone else experience a lot of these requests? I guess I'm wondering if this is typical or just happening in my area?
Cat Herder 05:23 AM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by Littlepeopleprovider:
Exactly! I don't cater to the parents' requests unless it's small and doesn't impact my program. I let them know what I do offer during the initial phone interview and they ask these things or let me know what they want. I just noticed it is a trend in this area when getting calls from new parents. Does anyone else experience a lot of these requests? I guess I'm wondering if this is typical or just happening in my area?
It is typical. I am sure folks here can add to this list infinitely.
Tags:art activities, business management, centers, classroom management, curriculum, daycare environment, drama for momma, drama triangle, enforcing policies - consistency, guilt, infant - nap schedule, learned helplessness, meal schedule, nap schedule, preschool - schedule, resentful, resentment, routine, sahm, schedule, set up, special treatment
Reply Up