Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Grrrrrrrrrr....Parents!!!!!!!!!!
seashell 08:59 AM 06-28-2011
So parent 1 sends me a text asking if she and her son can use the pool in our condo complex. Sorry, I explain. It's for owners only. Mom - Can you call and make a special request? We don't have a pool and he likes to swim. Me - It's in the by-laws, sorry. Mom - I can call then if you give me the number. Me - Im afraid it would do you no good. Sorry. Mom - I don't understand why you wont ask. Me - NO RESPONSE! But wahted to say... Could it be because you always pay late and I am behind on my condo fees so that I can't use the damn pool either????

Parent 2 - after being with me for 2 years - Could you consider changing your pay rates to a pay as you go option? I can't afford to keep paying you for the days I go on vacation. Me - Sorry, I have bills to pay too! Wantesd to say... you and your husband are both doctors. Im a single mom. No one told you to go on vacation once a month. Id like to take a vacation. Havent had one in 15 years~ GRRRRRRRRRRRR
laundrymom 09:14 AM 06-28-2011
I think I would talk to mom one in person at pick up. " you know your texts earlier really caught me both off guard and embarrassed. I'm actually having trouble getting paid on time right now and some of my bills are behind, like my hoa fees. Because of that even I can't use the pool. I'm sorry but I had to be honest with you. "

Second mom, well it seems like we always have that one" entitled" client. Who seems to be above rules. ((((( hugs)))))
cheerfuldom 09:15 AM 06-28-2011
very annoying but quite typical. Its all about them and doesn't occur to them that you are person who is under rules and bills and everything else just like the rest of the world. Little junior should have free access to pool just because he wants to have it, or didn't you know that?
BusyBee 09:17 AM 06-28-2011
I see no need for you to explain further to this mother. It was rude of her to keep pushing the issue with you and what is going on with you is none of her business. If she asks again simply reiterate what you already told her. Pushy lady!
countrymom 09:36 AM 06-28-2011
this is why I don't text with parents. If they have something to ask then they can ask me in person, most times they won't.
nannyde 09:48 AM 06-28-2011
Text to swimming Mom: You are going to be SO happy. The Condo Association said YES. They just need four hundred dollars to cover the insurance premimum to add my day care kids to their current policy. Isn't that SO exciting?!!!!!! Let me know when you want to do it and make the check out to them "*** Condo". WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO I'm so happy I listened to you and asked.

To Doctor Mom: Yes that's not a problem. My drop in rate is $50.00 per day and paid in advance with a minimum of three days per week. I must have the days submitted in writing by Friday BEFORE the upcoming week. Let me know when you want to switch.
Cat Herder 10:02 AM 06-28-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Text to swimming Mom: You are going to be SO happy. The Condo Association said YES. They just need four hundred dollars to cover the insurance premimum to add my day care kids to their current policy. Isn't that SO exciting?!!!!!! Let me know when you want to do it and make the check out to them "*** Condo". WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO I'm so happy I listened to you and asked.

To Doctor Mom: Yes that's not a problem. My drop in rate is $50.00 per day and paid in advance with a minimum of three days per week. I must have the days submitted in writing by Friday BEFORE the upcoming week. Let me know when you want to switch.
Classic.
Meeko 10:07 AM 06-28-2011

LOVE IT!
sharlan 05:15 PM 06-28-2011
Why in the world would this mom think it would be ok to use your HOA's pool? Our old one, you could have a couple of guests, but you had to be with them at ALL times. Even though I still own the house and pay the HOA bill each month, I cannot use the pool as I am not a resident. I would call your HOA and tell them to expect her call, then give her the number. Let them tell her the rules.
Kaddidle Care 05:20 PM 06-28-2011
Nervy, pushy broad. She must be from NY or NJ
PitterPatter 05:42 PM 06-28-2011

I missed u Nannyde!!
TBird 08:49 AM 07-01-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I think I would talk to mom one in person at pick up. " you know your texts earlier really caught me both off guard and embarrassed. I'm actually having trouble getting paid on time right now and some of my bills are behind, like my hoa fees. Because of that even I can't use the pool. I'm sorry but I had to be honest with you. "

Second mom, well it seems like we always have that one" entitled" client. Who seems to be above rules. ((((( hugs)))))
I know I'm "Johnny Come Lately" on this one but this is SO on point!!!
MarinaVanessa 08:54 AM 07-01-2011
Hey so I'm wondering what happened in both of these situations? What did you finally say to Pool Mom to get her to get the point? And what did you end up saying to Pay-as-you go Mom?
wdmmom 05:58 AM 07-06-2011
Pay as you go?! You are a daycare provider, not a babysitter. If she want's to go that route, tell her, "Yep, I can for sure do that. My pay-as-you-go rate is $10 an hour with a minimum of 4 hours a day or 20 hours a week. If the days/hours are going to vary, notice must be given the Friday before the upcoming week to accommodate the schedule.

As for the pool...Nannyde's idea is great, however, I would tell my daycare parents I don't get that personal. If I had a pool...which I don't, I wouldn't allow my daycare kids in it let alone my daycare families. It would turn into a situation where...oh, the pool house doesn't have any hot water, can we take a shower at your place?

Do you want to bring your kids and go swimming with us? (Translation: Do you want to watch my kids while I swim?)

And if you answered no, you can bet she's going to ask if you would watch little Johnny for an extra hour while she took a dip!

Getting into a situation like that could cost you everything you have...an accident and you know the parent would attempt to leave you accountable, you could lose daycare families, you could end up feeding dinner because people won't go home and would rather stay all hours of the night leaving you working 16 hours a day.

Nope, nope, nope!
Meeko 06:17 AM 07-06-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
Pay as you go?! You are a daycare provider, not a babysitter. If she want's to go that route, tell her, "Yep, I can for sure do that. My pay-as-you-go rate is $10 an hour with a minimum of 4 hours a day or 20 hours a week. If the days/hours are going to vary, notice must be given the Friday before the upcoming week to accommodate the schedule.

As for the pool...Nannyde's idea is great, however, I would tell my daycare parents I don't get that personal. If I had a pool...which I don't, I wouldn't allow my daycare kids in it let alone my daycare families. It would turn into a situation where...oh, the pool house doesn't have any hot water, can we take a shower at your place?

Do you want to bring your kids and go swimming with us? (Translation: Do you want to watch my kids while I swim?)

And if you answered no, you can bet she's going to ask if you would watch little Johnny for an extra hour while she took a dip!

Getting into a situation like that could cost you everything you have...an accident and you know the parent would attempt to leave you accountable, you could lose daycare families, you could end up feeding dinner because people won't go home and would rather stay all hours of the night leaving you working 16 hours a day.

Nope, nope, nope!
Everything she said!!
Tags:parent - unrealistic expectations, parent - weird requests
Reply Up