Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Excited!!!
Lperry2124 05:10 PM 11-17-2015
So me and my spouse are on a search for a house so i can get my family childcare started! we just moved back to Florida to be closer to my mother inlaw. So today i got some curriculum books i order (from Ebay seriously ebay and amazon have amazing deals) just to look over different approved one in Florida. I got my creative curriculum for family childcare, the kindness curriculum, the optimistic classroom i really want to do mother goose time i love it so much but it think starting up i should at least try to produce my own curriculum. I heard the creative curriculum has a app now that can help with tracking the student progress and the required assessments are any of you used it yet?? Sorry for the long rant im just so excited
Laurel 10:22 AM 11-18-2015
Originally Posted by Lperry2124:
So me and my spouse are on a search for a house so i can get my family childcare started! we just moved back to Florida to be closer to my mother inlaw. So today i got some curriculum books i order (from Ebay seriously ebay and amazon have amazing deals) just to look over different approved one in Florida. I got my creative curriculum for family childcare, the kindness curriculum, the optimistic classroom i really want to do mother goose time i love it so much but it think starting up i should at least try to produce my own curriculum. I heard the creative curriculum has a app now that can help with tracking the student progress and the required assessments are any of you used it yet?? Sorry for the long rant im just so excited
If you want to do a curriculum that's fine but I don't understand what you mean by Florida approved ones.

I did childcare in Broward Co., Florida for 20 years (now retired) and we weren't required to do any at all. I do know that all counties aren't the same. We had to be licensed so it seemed more strict here than in other counties.

I'm not trying to say do or don't do a certain curriculum but just wanted to let you know that if you want to open a childcare in Florida you most probably can do any one you want unless things have changed in the year and a half I have been retired.

Anyway, have fun planning your childcare!
Lperry2124 01:02 PM 11-18-2015
Originally Posted by Laurel:
If you want to do a curriculum that's fine but I don't understand what you mean by Florida approved ones.

I did childcare in Broward Co., Florida for 20 years (now retired) and we weren't required to do any at all. I do know that all counties aren't the same. We had to be licensed so it seemed more strict here than in other counties.

I'm not trying to say do or don't do a certain curriculum but just wanted to let you know that if you want to open a childcare in Florida you most probably can do any one you want unless things have changed in the year and a half I have been retired.

Anyway, have fun planning your childcare!

They have a list of approved school readiness on there website

http://www.floridaearlylearning.com/...urriculum.aspx

here is the list
Laurel 05:51 PM 11-18-2015
Originally Posted by Lperry2124:
They have a list of approved school readiness on there website

http://www.floridaearlylearning.com/...urriculum.aspx

here is the list
Oh okay. I have heard of a school readiness program but here nothing like that was mandatory. I wonder if that has something to do with VPK in Florida? (Voluntary Pre Kindergarten). Just wondering aloud as I don't really care, I'm retired now.

I just wanted to put it out there that you most likely didn't 'have' to have a curriculum if you might prefer not to. It sounds like you do prefer one so good luck!

Laurel
Ariana 07:31 AM 11-19-2015
Letting children play is the biggest predictor of academic success so please make that the biggest part of your "program"!

Glad to see your enthusiasm
Tags:curriculum, florida
Reply Up