Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Feel Bad
My Lil' Monkeys 01:34 PM 01-11-2011
I received a phone call from my mom (on Sunday) that my own grandma broke her leg and was having surgery. So, I called my 2 dcp on Sunday and informed them that I was closing at 4 today (2 hrs early). Which both dcp didn't care. So, at around 11 am it started to snow and by 3 pm it was snowing hard. So, I feel bad because it's snowing like crazy and the roads are bad so after both my dck's have gotten picked up... I decided that the roads are to bad to take my family to see my grandma. This is the first time I've closed early. I just feel really bad because I didn't do what I closed for and my daycare families had to leave work early to get their kids.
lvt77 01:38 PM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by katiez01:
I received a phone call from my mom (on Sunday) that my own grandma broke her leg and was having surgery. So, I called my 2 dcp on Sunday and informed them that I was closing at 4 today (2 hrs early). Which both dcp didn't care. So, at around 11 am it started to snow and by 3 pm it was snowing hard. So, I feel bad because it's snowing like crazy and the roads are bad so after both my dck's have gotten picked up... I decided that the roads are to bad to take my family to see my grandma. This is the first time I've closed early. I just feel really bad because I didn't do what I closed for and my daycare families had to leave work early to get their kids.
you need a huge hug... dont feel bad, thing always happen out of our control.....your dcp love you and I am sure are the ones feeling bad about your situation.....
I have had a bad day too, so I am feeling for you........hang in there
My Lil' Monkeys 01:49 PM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by lvt77:
you need a huge hug... dont feel bad, thing always happen out of our control.....your dcp love you and I am sure are the ones feeling bad about your situation.....
I have had a bad day too, so I am feeling for you........hang in there
Thank You!! I hope your day gets better
e.j. 04:21 PM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by katiez01:
Well, you probably did the families a favor by getting them home before the roads got even more slippery so try not to feel too bad.

I hope your grandmother has a speedy recovery.
Abigail 07:23 PM 01-11-2011
Did you say you were going to close tomorrow too or just take an evening out trip to visit? I am like you and would feel bad for awhile (even though you shouldn't) just because I let the little things get to me. If it makes you feel better, you could go start your car and shovel the driveway and drive around the block to show you it's too bad of weather so you actually "tried" LOL. Really though, (easier said than done), don't feel bad. Tomorrow starts a new day and you did do everything with best intentions.
Tags:injury, prayer
Reply Up