Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It Happened Again
pigletsmommy 01:50 PM 07-08-2010
I swear... every post I start is about Diarrhea!

I posted a few weeks ago about a dcg (20 months) who has diarrhea often & is very overweight (34lbs at 18 mo check up). I got some good suggestion and actually had an opportunity to talk to dcm today at pick up.

This morning dcd drops off the kids and as he walks in he is saying "I'm sorry she pooped in the car". Ok.. no big deal! I grab the diapers wipes and go to change her. She not only pooped, she is covered in it. Her clothes are covered in it. Dcd says I'm sorry I didnt realize...blah blah blah. Well she wasn't feeling good today (has been sick off & on over the last 2 weeks) so I mention to dcm that she had a snotty nose, didn't eat well and then the diarrhea thing that happened this morning.

This is what she says to me...B has one really bad diaper a day that is like that. Usually its before we come here in the morning. If it were more often, like 2 or 3 times a day, I would be concerned.

What?! She has diarrhea every day? And you didn't tell me? And you think thats ok? I was shocked...speechless. If my daughter had BMs like that every day I would be in the dr office finding out what is wrong.

So to make a long story short... the diarrhea is more often then what I thought...and mom doesnt think its an issue.
Daycare Mommy 03:28 PM 07-08-2010
That's not right at all. She needs to go to the pediatrician. I had a dck that did that. Every day for over a year he had diarrhea blowouts. Dcd blamed it on too much fruit/juice. Turned out it was lactose intolerance. They need to take your dck in to try to figure this out or at LEAST start an elimination diet right away to try figure if it's something she's eating. Start with dairy.
swaddlebees 06:26 PM 07-08-2010
holy wow...when you said overweight and diarrhea, my first thought was too much greasy food. That child weighs more than my 4 year old. Have you discussed their diet at home any? That is def. a get them too the ped issue!
Tags:diarrhea
Reply Up