Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Another Question..
Mom_of_two 01:08 PM 09-26-2011
Today I had the DCB injury. Also my other two (siblings) were not here. Mom didn't want to spread their germs. This family is nice, pay on time, follow policies, kids sweet especially the little boy (girl needs a lot of redirection and complains). About a week ago the girl was home because she didn't want to come. Maybe that happened today. She has fun when here, but sometimes hits, takes toys, gets in kids space. Also she loves TV and not as much exercise. Complains then we walk (down the street) to take my 4 yr old to preschool. DCM was surprised we walked last week because of the cold and it was 60*.

I love to get the kids out, be a good example and let them be active. I expect them to follow my rules- in an age appropriate way. It bothers me that she doesn't come etc. But I guess it is none of my business?? Funny thing is she has been here almost a year! Still has fits (she is 3.5) when mom leaves etc.

Any experience to share? Guess I don't really have a question, just a strange feeling. My other family and I totally work together, they are so appreciative of the extra things I do etc, we talk about the kids and care, and with this family though nice, seems like we aren't on the same page. But maybe that doesn't matter, since it is subtle, and not about policies but parenting styles. I just wish they would not let her be in charge!!
daycare 01:24 PM 09-26-2011
ugh I have a family where the kids wear the pants and it horrible. But its only horrible when the parents are around. I started the Nannyde "bye bye out side" program and have been doing it for almost 6 months.

i think If I were you I would tell the parents that deciding if a child should come to daycare or not is not up to the child, its up to the parents and when you let a child stay home becuase they don't want to come the parents are setting their child up for failure at DC.

I hope that your day gets better, I am having a typical monday....ugh
MichellesKiddos 02:57 PM 09-26-2011
I had a very similar situation, except this dcp didn't like to abide by any of my policies...well mainly just the ones that she didn't agree with (which was most of them! haha) The dcb was 3.5 at the time and still had a rough time, well basically threw a fit, when mom left. When he was here, which was only twice a week (I'll NEVER do that again) he would be naughty almost every time. He shoved my son out of his chair because he wanted it, punched a dcg because she was on the couch, the list could go on and on..anyways he usually sat in timeout at least once when he was here. I had sent out an amendment to my handbook putting a limit to the amount of *free* sick days instead of unlimited because this child was constantly sick and I lost a lot of money last winter because of it. I knew this dcf would not like and sure enough the day I handed out the amendment dcm shows up at my house at 7pm without notice and terms. Afterwards she posts on facebook that "she had such a big weight lifted off her shoulders" , "I told *dcb* and he was sooooo happy and hugged, kissed and thanked me! Now I KNOW I made the right decision" and more rude, rediculous remarks. I can tell you I'm soooo much happier now that I don't have to deal with them. Her expectations of daycare were just too unrealistic and not something that I wanted to entertain whatsoever.
If I were you, I'd be completely honest with this family and tell them that it doesn't seem like you are on the same page regarding your expectations and their expectations regarding the childcare.
Mom_of_two 05:54 PM 09-26-2011
Thanks for the replies! It is hard because I do like the family, they are nice and respectful, pay on time, etc etc...I think they appreciate me, but she is actually happy when she is here (aside form some random complaining etc) just knows she can manipulate mom. when grandma drops her off she comes in just fine!! They pay for days she is gone so that isn't an issue (and actually a break for me!!) but I DO like when the kids are here every day. And I DONT" like kids running the show. But she does follow my rules here (as much as expected at 3.) It is just frustrating!!
Tags:injury, siblings
Reply Up