Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Valentines Meals?
Abigail 05:44 PM 02-13-2012
Does anyone have a cute valentines meal they are going to serve?

I am heading to the store real quick to get a heart shaped cookie cutter so at least I can use it for a sandwhich shape if I can't be anymore creative. LOL
Meyou 03:03 AM 02-14-2012
I'm making heart shaped pancakes. That's about how creative I get. lol
Countrygal 03:56 AM 02-14-2012
I'm making cucumber sandwiches (cream cheese with strawberries is the spread with cucumbers on top. The top piece has a heart cut-out. Cottage cheese mixed with jello (pink), strawberry slices and strawberry milk. Pink, pink, PINK!!! Maybe a little overkill, but the kids will think it's fun.....

For brekky it's chocolate cherry smoothies and snack is hot choc with pink marshmallows and chocolate covered strawberries supplied by one of the moms.

For late snack it's heart-shaped pink rice krispie bars with a heart decoration on top.

OK, so I love the holidays..... ROFL!!! I DID go a little overboard.....
SilverSabre25 04:01 AM 02-14-2012
For breakfast we are having these: only ours won't be cute and heart shaped because I'm not that cool, lol.

I don't know what lunch is going to be yet, but I will probably make the milk pink (hello, strawberry Nesquick...). We also have special cute Valentine's cups that I bought at Kroger last week.

Snack, meh, I dunno yet. Probably nothing themed unless I get around to destroying my kitchen during naptime to make heart-shaped cookies with my daughter. No, dcks aren't helping, the ones coming today are too young and would probably sneeze into the dough...
Countrygal 04:16 AM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
For breakfast we are having these: only ours won't be cute and heart shaped because I'm not that cool, lol.

I don't know what lunch is going to be yet, but I will probably make the milk pink (hello, strawberry Nesquick...). We also have special cute Valentine's cups that I bought at Kroger last week.

Snack, meh, I dunno yet. Probably nothing themed unless I get around to destroying my kitchen during naptime to make heart-shaped cookies with my daughter. No, dcks aren't helping, the ones coming today are too young and would probably sneeze into the dough...
Thanks for the recipe! Those look awesome!
Lianne 04:18 AM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Does anyone have a cute valentines meal they are going to serve?

I am heading to the store real quick to get a heart shaped cookie cutter so at least I can use it for a sandwhich shape if I can't be anymore creative. LOL
I usually do themed shaped sandwiches because the kids love them but we had sandwiches yesterday for lunch. Poor planning on my part, oops. Instead we'll have pink pancakes with strawberries.
SilverSabre25 04:19 AM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by Countrygal:
Thanks for the recipe! Those look awesome!
You're welcome! They are REALLY yummy. And super quick, too.
WImom 04:30 AM 02-14-2012
We had our valentine's party yesterday since that is my day everyone is here. We did heart sandwiches, strawberries and strawberry pink milk. I just tried to make it a pink/red theme. They also had plates and cups that were valentine themed.
Childminder 07:03 AM 02-14-2012
I made them bacon roses and heart shaped eggs with heart shape toast and homemade raspberry jam.

The ideas were gotten off from pinterest ( I love that site ) and I of course forgot to take a photo of ours.
Lianne 07:44 AM 02-14-2012
We had a change in plans. Every one of my kids came in sick today. They all have a cold that's hitting them hard. We're going to have soup and grilled cheese because I know they'll eat it. We've been snuggling under blankets on the couch reading books and watching tv. It's a low key day today.
Tags:meals, valentines day, valentines day ideas
Reply Up