Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thinking Of Offering My Services As A Nanny To One Of My Daycare Moms And Closing....
Unregistered 09:10 AM 06-30-2014
I have a full time DCM who has her 2 year old and will have another baby joining us in about 6 months. They are great people to work with! I had my own baby last fall and have been looking to get back into the nanny profession since his birth. I like being home but have had nothing but trouble with almost every family I've worked with. Every time I enforce a policy I am met with hostility and have either lost or had to terminate 90% of my families over the last 2 years. This business just isn't for me.

I was thinking of proposing that this DCM hire me as a nanny for her 2 children and me bringing mine along. I will charge her $25 more per week than she would pay to come to my daycare. Then she would have a 1:3 ratio instead of 1:6. And I would offer to do light housekeeping related to the kids (kids dishes, kids laundry, and cleaning up after them). I will keep my vacation the same and obviously this would be a WAY better deal for them!

I was a nanny for 10 years prior to opening my daycare and I've had employees so I can guide them with the ins and out of having an employee and it would cost them about $100-$150 extra per month than having their kids in daycare, but the perks would be having sick childcare and help with household tasks and not having to get their kids ready in the morning.

I believe they can afford the extra, but I would even be willing to do it for what they would be paying me for both their kids in my daycare.

I'm tired of this business, having my house being destroyed, and having to deal with horrible parents.

Should I offer this? I was going to let her know that I had been thinking about going back to being a nanny and bringing my son with me. I would tell her that I enjoy working with her family and that I would like to propose coming to work as their nanny instead of servicing them as a FCC. And tell her that i would be willing to do it for $25 more per week and to keep my paid time off and holidays the same as they were for daycare but offer that I will do some of their housekeeping.

Opinions?
Tags:nanny
Up