Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Where On My Taxes Do I Claim Employee Salary ?
mindi1314 04:52 PM 02-27-2017
This is the first year I have paid an employee and withheld all necessary taxes. I ended up paying just a bit over $15,000 but using turbotax I cannot figure out where I claim her wages.
Tom can you advise ?
TomCopeland 09:16 AM 02-28-2017
Originally Posted by mindi1314:
This is the first year I have paid an employee and withheld all necessary taxes. I ended up paying just a bit over $15,000 but using turbotax I cannot figure out where I claim her wages.
Tom can you advise ?
When entering expenses for your business on Schedule C, TurboTax will have a screen that says "wages." Enter them there. Look for a screen that shows all the expense categories for your business and you will see this.
mindi1314 12:16 PM 02-28-2017
Thank you Tom - you're such an asset to this community !! One last question and I'm sure it's just wishful thinking but do I get to write off the employer portion of taxes I match for my employee ? Thanks so much !
TomCopeland 09:50 AM 03-02-2017
Originally Posted by mindi1314:
Thank you Tom - you're such an asset to this community !! One last question and I'm sure it's just wishful thinking but do I get to write off the employer portion of taxes I match for my employee ? Thanks so much !
Yes, you can deduct your share of all employee payroll taxes that you pay.
Tags:schedule c, turbo tax
Reply Up