Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Keep getting asked if I'll enroll more kids
Peaches 10:47 AM 03-16-2015
I have been running my daycare for over a year now and the last family I enrolled in the fall keeps asking if I'll be enrolling more kids. I already have 6 fulltime and 2 drop in part timers for a total of 8. I thought I had nipped this in the bud but now it's starting up again. The DCM takes a very passive aggressive approach making suggestions on how I can advertise, making occasional referrals and asking my husband if I'll be enrolling more kids, etc. I know my early mistake was telling her how many I was liscensed for but that number includes school age and going forward I'm wanting to steer away from that age group. I don't know what to think. Has this happened to anyone else? How do your suggest I respond?
laundrymom 10:50 AM 03-16-2015
Just say no.
"Nope, I'm happy with my group the way it is. I like how my business if grooving." Smile. "But thanks for thinking of me. If I change my mind, I'll let you know."
AuntTami 10:52 AM 03-16-2015
Originally Posted by Peaches:
I have been running my daycare for over a year now and the last family I enrolled in the fall keeps asking if I'll be enrolling more kids. I already have 6 fulltime and 2 drop in part timers for a total of 8. I thought I had nipped this in the bud but now it's starting up again. The DCM takes a very passive aggressive approach making suggestions on how I can advertise, making occasional referrals and asking my husband if I'll be enrolling more kids, etc. I know my early mistake was telling her how many I was liscensed for but that number includes school age and going forward I'm wanting to steer away from that age group. I don't know what to think. Has this happened to anyone else? How do your suggest I respond?
I would just tell her "I appreciate you looking out for my business, but at this time I don't plan to expand my daycare any further. I'm happy with the number of children in attendance and everyone is happy and getting the appropriate amount of care without me getting stressed out. I've found a perfect balance between work and my home life and at this time, I'm happy where my business is at. If I decide to enroll more children in the future, I will be sure to let you know since you've been so helpful in the past at boosting enrollment"
Kabob 10:56 AM 03-16-2015
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Just say no.
"Nope, I'm happy with my group the way it is. I like how my business if grooving." Smile. "But thanks for thinking of me. If I change my mind, I'll let you know."

Short and sweet. I don't get asked this anymore as all my current families know I plan to keep my group small while my dd is an infant. Just for my sanity. But I was asked by previous families why I never was at licensed capacity and I just smiled and said "because I don't need to be." To each their own.
Gemma 07:08 PM 03-16-2015
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Just say no.

Reply Up