Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Are Your Plans For The Weekend?
rmc20021 09:35 AM 03-15-2013
I started a thread TGIF!!!! and so many agreed they are ready to begin their weekends, what is everyone doing? I don't have anything planned...maybe I'll borrow some ideas.
Msdunny 09:39 AM 03-15-2013
Eating out with my dad and dd tonight. Dh and ds's will be gone for weekend. Shopping with dd tomorrow, planting a few flowers, and airing out the house. My dd really wants a puppy (she's 16, so I told her I will not be responsible for another animal, so I think she is rethinking that decision!), and the neighbor's dog just had some, so I'm sure we will be hanging out over there a bit!
just_peachy 10:00 AM 03-15-2013
My kids and my DCKs were all recovering from their colds last week, so my week has been A LONG ONE. And I'm PMSing! TGIF indeed! I got on my husband's case for using the phrase "you should..." too much, instead of asking nicely. I mean I was totally justified in asking him to show some respect by phrasing things more compassionately, but I WENT OFF. Oops!

So today he texted me "I got your parents to watch the kids so we can go have dinner and window shop for a while. Then we're doing Family Game Night at their house with your brothers." (I haven't seen my brothers for a while and miss them. Recently deleted my FB so I have no clue what's going on in their lives!)

Every now and then, he does things that make me think "wow, he really DOES listen!"

OH. AND THE SUN IS SHINING!
ABCDaycareMN 10:05 AM 03-15-2013
All I want to do is sleep! Lol! I am sooooo exhausted today. We are having what I call movie morning only Fridays. Easy lunch pizza, actually was eaten with no work from me. Now nap time. Hopefully I can feel energized to do something fun with the kiddos after they wake up!

I think it has to do with the weather. We are having a rain/snow mix. All I want is spring! What a lame spring break for my son!
hope 10:05 AM 03-15-2013
Work my second job tomorrow night waitressing and having people over on Sunday for a big st. Patricks day party. One more day to my work week n i can relax with some friends!
snbauser 10:06 AM 03-15-2013
Unfortunately my weekends are usually crazier than my weekdays but that's okay. It's a different type of crazy and usually involves my own kids. This weekend one has a scout function at 9 and swim club at 11:30 while another has bowling league at 9:30 and church band practice at 2. Somewhere in there I willl get grocery shopping, laundry and house cleaning done. Sunday is church and then dh and I go to breakfast while the boys are at their religion classes. Then home and if the weather stays nice either clean the garage or work on the backyard.
CedarCreek 10:08 AM 03-15-2013
So much to do!

Today after my dcks leave I have to drive out to see my friend who is pregnant with twins. I can't make her baby shower tomorrow but I want to give her a present and she asked me to make a cake that she loves for it so i'm delivering that as well.

Tomorrow,I have to help set up my sister in laws baby shower and attend of course.

That evening,I have to get home to meet the caterers and set up for my mothers birthday party that is at my house.

Get drunk.

Sunday, nurse hangover and clean house. Go grocery shopping and hope I save money with coupons. And wear green.
mom2many 10:16 AM 03-15-2013
Tomorrow morning I am going out to breakfast with my girlfriend and then we are gonna scrap book till the wee hours of the night!

Sunday my daughter, SIL & baby grand daughter are coming to visit and I cannot wait to spend the day with them!

It's gonna be a wonderful weekend!
Willow 10:59 AM 03-15-2013
If the weather cooperates I am moving my horse from her current boarding farm to a training facility tomorrow morning, tomorrow afternoon I have my goddaughters 2nd birthday party (former daycare family so I get to see her sister too ), tomorrow night will clean house and Sunday I plan on doing nothing if at all possible - fingers crossed so I don't jinx myself of course!!!
LK5kids 11:19 AM 03-15-2013
St. Paddy's day celebrating....it's a day long celebration in my community- green beer, good friends, family, Irish bands, good times. A great way to celebrate the return of spring here in the north country!

My friends and family ( and myself) have been celebrating this way for about 10 yrs. It's one of the best days in the year!
Texasjeepgirl 11:22 AM 03-15-2013
going to THIS with friends...

https://www.facebook.com/Redneckswithpaychecksoffroad

Lianne 01:37 PM 03-15-2013
I decided this morning that I needed an adventure this weekend so I'm hopping in the car as soon as the kids are gone and heading to Ottawa, 6hrs away. I'm actually stopping in Kingston tonight (halfway point) to spend the night in a hotel. I'll head home on Sunday afternoon.

I've never done anything like this before so I'm really excited!
Blackcat31 02:03 PM 03-15-2013
Originally Posted by Lianne:
I decided this morning that I needed an adventure this weekend so I'm hopping in the car as soon as the kids are gone and heading to Ottawa, 6hrs away. I'm actually stopping in Kingston tonight (halfway point) to spend the night in a hotel. I'll head home on Sunday afternoon.

Oh, I am soooo jealous!!! I love road trips!!

The journey IS the destination!
jenn 02:15 PM 03-15-2013
Sleeping, grocery shopping, cleaning, going to St. Patricks Day Parade, going to see Disney on Ice,...
rmc20021 02:20 PM 03-15-2013
Originally Posted by Lianne:

Now THAT'S my idea of how to spend a weekend...exactly what I'm doing on the 28th, except a different destination.

This weekend, it's movie night with the grandkids tonight as every Friday night, cleaning tomorrow and doing some tile work on my back splash. Sunday will be grocery shopping and that's pretty much it.
Michael 04:38 PM 03-15-2013
I am going to be a Disneyland for my daughter's 14th B'day. Any one else going to be there?
sharlan 04:40 PM 03-15-2013
Tonight - NOTHING. We spent the whole day at the Great Park in Orange - went on a hot air balloon ride and a carousel, ran around the park playing on the slides and rocks for 3 hours. Then we went to Wendy's for lunch.

Tomorrow - softball @ 8:30 for granddaughter, t-ball @ 9 and @11:15 for grandsons. Haircut in the afternoon.

Sunday - launder kids' bedding, clean house, garden, and grocery shop.
sharlan 04:41 PM 03-15-2013
Originally Posted by Michael:
I am going to be a Disneyland for my daughter's 14th B'day. Any one else going to be there?
Grandkids want to go on Sunday, but I am trying to persuade them otherwise.
BumbleBee 04:53 PM 03-15-2013
Saturday:

Bank, phone company, town hall, pay bills online. Grocery shopping, lunch with mom, spring cleaning.

Sunday:

No idea
Patches 07:01 PM 03-15-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
So much to do!

Today after my dcks leave I have to drive out to see my friend who is pregnant with twins. I can't make her baby shower tomorrow but I want to give her a present and she asked me to make a cake that she loves for it so i'm delivering that as well.

Tomorrow,I have to help set up my sister in laws baby shower and attend of course.

That evening,I have to get home to meet the caterers and set up for my mothers birthday party that is at my house.

Get drunk.

Sunday, nurse hangover and clean house. Go grocery shopping and hope I save money with coupons. And wear green
This is my plan for this weekend
LoraJenkins 07:11 PM 03-15-2013
Plans for Saturday: pick up new daycare computer, diaper laundry for DC baby, clean house and finally a whole bottle of wine. Sunday: sleep until at least 8:30am, weekly grocery shopping, more cleaning, touch up paint in planned new daycare room, shop for new tricycles, cook dinner and another whole bottle of wine......been one of those weeks!!!!
Reply Up