Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Please Tell Me This Is Normal
CountryRoads 02:11 PM 04-25-2019
Dcb2 does good for me, but the second he sees his mom/dad/grandma he is instantly whiny, fussy, crying for something.

When he starts crying/whining when he sees mom, she asks me if he had a bad day or what happened. I tell her no, that he was good today. I swear they don't believe me lol

Can anyone relate?
Ariana 02:20 PM 04-25-2019
My go to phrase is “they always save the drama for their momma”! Transition can be hard for little kids.
Valerie928 02:26 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
Dcb2 does good for me, but the second he sees his mom/dad/grandma he is instantly whiny, fussy, crying for something.

When he starts crying/whining when he sees mom, she asks me if he had a bad day or what happened. I tell her no, that he was good today. I swear they don't believe me lol

Can anyone relate?
Oh I sure can relate. It's normal. Kids just act up or out around parents. Just smile and say "they were good for me". Then bye. If things get really crazy you can try the bye bye outside technique. But that is usually reserved for kids who run around acting idiotic at pick ups and drop offs.
Daycaremomma01 09:32 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:

Can anyone relate?
Oh yes!
All of my DCKs. More so the ones under 2, but all of them from time to time.
I have this issue with my own 3 as well if they stay with an aunt or grandparent - the adult will always say something along the lines of “they didn’t act like this until you got here”.
They usually save the drama for momma!
Tags:drama for momma, drama queen, parents - don't trust, pick up behavior, pick up transition
Reply Up