Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>C-Diff?
Unregistered 07:22 AM 11-11-2011
I have two kiddo's who are in care currently awaiting results of C-dff testing. I have bleached all the surfaces (walls, toys, hard floors, tables chairs, high chairs, sprayed all the pack and plays with lysol. What else do I need to do? Do I need to notify the other parents if these ones test positive?
e.j. 10:44 AM 11-11-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
What else do I need to do?
Call the parents and ask them to keep the kids home until they get the test results back and go from there.

Seriously. I had a dck with C-diff. She was on antibiotics and the parents kept her home until she seemed much better. She came back to day care after 2 weeks and seemed okay. (She had been sick for 3 weeks but was on vacation the first week so she hadn't exposed anyone here.) Two hours into day care, she had a major diarrhea blow-out. It was all over her, my rug, the toys she was playing with, the changing pad I put her on to clean her....and I had 5 other kids I had to keep out of the mess. She tested postive even after a full course of antibiotics and had to be put on a second round.

C-diff can be nasty. I wouldn't want me or the other kids in my care exposed to it if I could help it. I would tell the other parents that their kids may have been exposed to the bacteria so they can watch for symptoms just in case the other kids' tests come back positive.
erinalexmom 09:35 AM 11-14-2011
It is highly contagious! In a hospital the patient is in isolation (meaning anyone who goes in the room has to wear a plastic gown and gloves) these kids should not be in your care until the test results come back negative!
beachgrl 09:48 AM 11-14-2011
Whoa, ive neverneven heardnof this!
erinalexmom 09:53 AM 11-14-2011
cdiff is when someone has taken an antibiotic and in thier gut when it kills off the bad bacteria it also kills off the good. So they end up with severe loose stools and can even become dehydrated. It is contagious and its bad news. Many people end up needing IV's due to dehydration.
Abigail 12:28 PM 11-14-2011
I've never heard of it either.
bice99 02:05 PM 11-14-2011
My nana contracted it. Nasty nasty stuff. Gowns, gloves and masks just to be in the same room as her. Don't let that into you house!
MNMum 08:41 PM 11-14-2011
And it is contagious for a long time!
Tags:c-diff, clostridium difficile
Reply Up