Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Termination Wording
Ariana 10:35 PM 11-29-2019
I have a family that I no longer want to provide care for. Main reasons are that the child is very delayed, 10 hour days and overall not meshing with the family. Dad comes to drop off and pick up and is very unfriendly. I am just over it and do not want to invest any more time.

Any ideas on how to word a termination notice? I want to give a reason but am not sure what to say.
Michael 09:32 AM 11-30-2019
Here are termination posts that relate to "bad fit". https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...tion+-+bad+fit
Ariana 10:38 AM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by Michael:
Here are termination posts that relate to “bad fit”. https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...tion+-+bad+fit
Perfect thank you! I had tried searching but wasn’t getting anything good.
Josiegirl 12:39 PM 12-03-2019
How did it go Ariana?
Ariana 09:00 AM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
How did it go Ariana?
I have not done it yet. Looked through the threads but nothing is jiving for me so I am basically procrastinating. I am going off for a 3 week vacation soon so I might wait until the new year to do it. I am going to bring up the delays this week to set the stage for a term.
TomCopeland 08:32 AM 12-07-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I have not done it yet. Looked through the threads but nothing is jiving for me so I am basically procrastinating. I am going off for a 3 week vacation soon so I might wait until the new year to do it. I am going to bring up the delays this week to set the stage for a term.
" _______ (date) will be the last day of care for your child _______ (name). Payment is due through this date. Thank you for the opportunity to provide care for your child. Signed __________ (name of provider). Dated _______ (current date)."

That's it. You don't want to give any explanations in your termination notice because that will only cause more argument from them.
Tags:bad fit, developmentally delayed, termination - bad fit, termination - behavioral
Reply Up