Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Think Mom Is Gonna Ask Me To Take Her Child Earlier And To Stay Later But
Unregistered 01:04 PM 10-11-2011
I run a small daycare of 2 children Im not licensed in the state I live in and dont have to be if I only watch 2 children. Im expecting a child and will be closing daycare for good in January the parents already know this. Well parent comes to me today saying her work is moving 4 miles away I know not far but traffic is not the best here so she says she doesnt know if she can make it to work on time with dropping off at 7:30 my open time and be here by 5:30 closing time how to I tell her Im not willing to extent my hours and she has to figure something else out Dad is in the picture and works also he does pick up twice a week because Mom has school but his job is all over I love them they are great people and I love there child but Im not willing to watch him longer.
Blackcat31 01:07 PM 10-11-2011
If she is aware of the fact that you are pregnant, just tell her no because it will be too difficult for you to have such a long day.

Whatever words you choose to use, just be honest and tell her you aren't willing to do it.

Don't let her problem become yours.
nannyde 01:49 PM 10-11-2011
I couldn't even do ten hours. It's too much for me.

I would just tell her no or increase the fees so dramatically that it makes it worth it for you.
Crystal 01:53 PM 10-11-2011
Just say no.
cheerfuldom 03:35 PM 10-11-2011
tell her no or increase your fee. You don't have to do this just because she is asking. If you are having a rough time now with the kids, its only going to get even harder as you head into your last trimester.
AnneCordelia 04:50 PM 10-11-2011
If you absolutely cannot then I would tell her sorry but no. It's hard but it happens.

But, it's only until January...you could raise your rates to accomodate her scheduling change and make some nice coin between now and then. I charge $3/15 min for overtime for one of my families...that's an extra $6/day for me and totally worth it for that half hour.
Unregistered 04:41 AM 10-12-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
tell her no or increase your fee. You don't have to do this just because she is asking. If you are having a rough time now with the kids, its only going to get even harder as you head into your last trimester.
Yes I am already huge this is my 4th child reason why I just wanna be a stay at home Mom plus ive been doing daycare licensed and unlicensed for 10 years Im just done. I have no desire to keep any child longer I enjoy my evenings with my family and I am way to busy before 7:30am getting my own kids ready and off to school. She hasnt asked yet but since I didnt offer when she told me yesterday I dont know even if she will ask.
Tags:long day, long hours, pregnant
Reply Up