Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Breakfast Menu or the Week
sharlan 08:40 PM 05-24-2011
What is your breakfast menu for the week?

I have one with texture and color issues. He doesn't eat things like oatmeal, watermelon, or anything green. They make him gag.
daycare 10:30 PM 05-24-2011
Oh boy one of those! Lol
What about cherrios and peeled apples
Eggs and toast fruit
Strawberries yogurt toast?
Rachel 10:44 PM 05-24-2011
Not opening until Sept, but starting to plan menus based on what I see other providers doing at my observations.

Bread, of some sort, with spreads (here that is standard breakfast food, lunch is hot)
Hard boiled eggs, egg salad, omelets, quiche (we are required some type of egg 2x a week)
Pancakes
French Toast
heyhun77 04:38 AM 05-25-2011
This week is a little harry because I ran a 1/2 marathon last weekend and I didn't have a lot of time for shopping and prepping. Here's what our menu rotation has planned (and what we'll probably have just not in the order on the rotation):

muffins/yogurt/fresh fruit
scrambled eggs/toast/fresh fruit
cereal choice (life, cheerios, rice krispees)/cheese cubes/fresh fruit
breakfastables (hard boiled egg slices, toast squares and ham slices that they stack however they like similar to lunchables but homemade)/fresh fruit
pancakes/turkey sausage links/fresh fruit

I usually would have the fruits assigned by Monday morning so I can have them prepped and cleaned as much as possible for the week but I'm playing catch up this week since I ran the half marathon on Saturday and recovered on Sunday.

Do the parents have any meal suggestions for you? Also, what if you changed the texture of oatmeal from mush to cakelike by making baked oatmeal?
SilverSabre25 05:51 AM 05-25-2011
HeyHun, the "Breakfastables thing is AWESOME! I love it! What a neat idea!
sharlan 09:06 AM 05-25-2011
I haven't made muffins in quite awhile. I have a silicon pan that makes bite size muffins. He loves those.
heyhun77 12:25 PM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
HeyHun, the "Breakfastables thing is AWESOME! I love it! What a neat idea!
It came from their love for mommy mcdonalds (basically an egg mcmuffin but homemade) but kids that couldn't hold onto and take bites of it. The best part is that they LOVE to slice the eggs and I can let them do it becuase of a $1 egg slicer from walmart. You'd think I was using magic!
tootieb 11:26 AM 08-27-2013
I only have one to feed, just opened. She can be picky, but usually when she tries something new, she finds out she likes it. I use a variety of fruit for the week, so as to not get bored.
Mon: Scrambled egg, toast with fruit spread, pears, milk
Tues: Cold cereal, cantaloupe, milk
Weds: Banana muffins (HM) fruit salad
Thurs: Mini quiche with ham, blueberries
Fri: Friday is pancake day! Pancakes, link sausages, watermelon
renodeb 10:49 AM 08-19-2016
My current group is a 10 month old, a 9 month old and 4 year old and a almost 5 year old. The two older kids are picky and like eating the same thing each day. I mix it up because they need some variety. For a long time I had what I called my oatmeal group. I would serve oatmeal a bunch of different ways and they loved it and it stuck to there ribs. my current group would not touch it. Its hard to feed super picky eaters. Glad I found this thread.
Deb
Unregistered 04:07 AM 08-21-2016
This a an old thread but Still a great topic! Milk served with all (unless a smoothie made with milk)

My breakfasts-
Organic cold cereal usually with cut up banana in it

Smoothies made with frozen bananas, other fruit - fresh or frozen, milk&/or yogurt. Sometimes I throw in sliced avocado

Organic frozen waffles/fresh fruit ( Aldis)

Peanut or almond butter toast/fresh fruit

Trail mix breakfast-organic cereal mix, craisins in a Baggie, fresh fruit

Oatmeal cooked with banana & sweetened with a drizzle of real maple syrup.

Raisin toast, fresh fruit

Homemade muffins or bread ( blueberry, pumpkin, banana) fruit

Yogurt parfait

French toast bake

I hate a big mess in the morning so I serve breakfast foods at lunch often. I love the breakfast cup mentioned above-that would be great for BF or lunch!.
flossie 01:06 PM 05-26-2018
I have a 6wk menu cycle. Currently we do:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday - Cereal w/milk & Juice
Tuesday - Scrambled eggs, orange slices, milk
Bagel with pb, banana (& fresh strawbs sometimes), milk
Scrambled eggs, hashbrown, banana, milk
Cocoa Cream of Wheat, banana, milk
Scrambled eggs w/cheese (sometimes ham), banana, milk
Pancakes, orange slices, milk
Thursday - Waffles, banana (or strawberries), milk
Oatmeal (flavors change for fun), orange slices, milk
Yogurt w/blueberries, cinnamon toast, milk
English muffin w/apple butter, pineapple, milk
Yogurt parfait, toast, milk
Smoothie (flavors change), toast w/pb or apple butter, milk

Mon, Wed & Fri I start later so breakfast is very simple for the owner of the daycare to put out. I set out her bowls, spoons and cups and all she then has to do is toss 'em on the cart and grab the cereal boxes and milk. I am phasing juice out except for with these three breakfasts each week. Also, once Coco Cream of Wheat is gone, I am intending to replace with plain Cream of Wheat.
Tags:food texture sensitivity
Reply Up