Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Mom Asking Too Much??? . . . For Too Little $$
sweetpeamommy 03:45 PM 04-28-2011
Okay,

I have questions about how to professionally handle this mom. I am a new provider and trying to get established. I am charging $125 week per child with siblings being $200 per week. That includes all meals and snacks as well as activities.

The mom in question has 2 children 4 and 7 yrs who she needs care for. Since she is a nurse she wanted to only pay for the days they would be there which is an average of 3 days a week @ $50 per day. I know this is way low but I was hoping that by getting established I could get good references. In her ad she said nothing about needing me to take them to and from school (20 miles total each day) or that the hours she listed (6:30 AM - 7:30 PM) were not the hours of care but her shift hours. So actually she wants care from 5:45 AM to 8:15 PM or 14.5 hours.

I can take her daughter to school but not pick her up since I will have too many kids by that time. Despite the bus literally stopping right by my house she is paranoid about them riding it. Oh, and did I mention she also wants to chat for a couple hours this weekend while I am moving into my new house. Or that she actually had the gaul to ask me if I was buying a bigger car (yeah lady cause the reason I would get a bigger car was so I could take your daughter to school).

I want to tell her she needs to face reality . . . she is a single mom who is paying insanely low amounts for childcare and she has no other option but the bus. Instead she is trying to find other care. Personally, I dont think there is anyway she would find someone willing to work that many hours and do that much for so little -- who happens to live nearby (we live in a rural area). Did I mention her Ex is a pedophile (in jail)?

I want to drop her but I need the cash . . . for now. What would ya'll more experienced providers do? Should I confront her?
Tags:bad parent, enforcing policies - consistency, lingering parents, new member, single mom excuse
Up