Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Need Help With 3 Year Old
Unregistered 10:40 AM 11-02-2011
Nap is horrible. He rolls off his bed on purpose, pokes the other kids, takes their blanks, gets up and walks off. If you pat his back or rub his back or head he scratches at you. If you just sit there he gets up and leaves and you spend all nap time chasing him and listening to him cause a ruckus.

I love the mom but she is overwhelmed with him at home so she wouldn't have a clue what to do with him. Please share your wisdom.

I know some of you use pack and plays but that would not work for him because he destroys them. He ruined 2 when he first started here. I need the money and I love the mom I just need help figuring out how to make this kid work out.
wdmmom 10:52 AM 11-02-2011
You need to lay him directly on the floor or on a mat. No cot = nothing to roll off of.

If you remain in the room with him, use simple phrases. STOP, GO TO SLEEP, NIGHT NIGHT, LAY STILL, ETC.

Lay him near a corner of off by himself away from others.

If it'll help, have DCM bring a blanket from home. He will know it's his and might leave the others alone.

This kid is used to running the show at home. You need to show him you are the Alpha Dog and he needs to follow YOUR rules.
2ndFamilyDC 10:54 AM 11-02-2011
I have no words of wisdom for you, but you have my symphathies.

I sure hope you get some good advice from others and you find what works

best for him.
daycare 10:57 AM 11-02-2011
how long has this child been with you?
Tags:disruptive, nap - disruptions, won't sleep
Reply Up