Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Would You Look At This And Give Me Suggestions?
Countrygal 06:04 AM 12-11-2012
Dear DCM&D,
Please accept this letter as notice of termination of care for DCKs.

We have all spoken numerous times about late drop offs, late cancellations and unreasonably late payments. We have also spoken of the importance of schedules with children. While I understand you are both going through a rough time right now, and I can empathize, my daycare is my business and I must treat it as such. The repeated cancellations and late payments have been unacceptable.

I am terminating care at the end of this week. Since we all agreed to extend the probationary period when we met in November, and things do not seem to be improving, I am making this choice in the best interest of my daycare and my business.

I wish you all the best. We will truly miss DCK.
Sincerely,
Heidi 07:04 AM 12-11-2012
Originally Posted by Countrygal:
Dear DCM&D,
Please accept this letter as notice of termination of care for DCKs.

We have all spoken numerous times about late drop offs, late cancellations and unreasonably late payments. We have also spoken of the importance of schedules with children. While I understand you are both going through a rough time right now, and I can empathize, my daycare is my business and I must treat it as such. The repeated cancellations and late payments have been unacceptable.

I am terminating care at the end of this week. Since we all agreed to extend the probationary period when we met in November, and things do not seem to be improving, I am making this choice in the best interest of my daycare and my business.

I wish you all the best. We will truly miss DCK.
Sincerely,
Looks good, Country. I'm sorry it didn't work out with them...
wahmof3 07:12 AM 12-11-2012
Its perfect!
daycare 07:45 AM 12-11-2012
if it were me, I would say less. I would say something along the lines that our schedules are not a good fit, or that it seems as though they are not a good fit for my program. I would leave the part about the late payments and I like that you reminded them they are still on a probation period.

In my experience, the only time that I pin pointed the issues, they came back later to bite me in the rear.
wdmmom 07:57 AM 12-11-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
if it were me, I would say less. I would say something along the lines that our schedules are not a good fit, or that it seems as though they are not a good fit for my program. I would leave the part about the late payments and I like that you reminded them they are still on a probation period.

In my experience, the only time that I pin pointed the issues, they came back later to bite me in the rear.
I agree. Less is better.

Dear Daycare Family,

Please accept this notice as termination of our daycare contract. The last day I will be providing care is (date).

Thank you for your business.

Signed,
Daycare provider
Heidi 07:58 AM 12-11-2012
Either way, don't forget to call the certifier and give her a "heads up".
Blackcat31 08:15 AM 12-11-2012
I think your letter sounds great but I did reword it to make it a little less personal.

Dear DCM&D,

This lettter is written notice of termination of our contract for child care services.

The reason for termination is due to continued disrespect of my child care policies. Late drop offs, numerous cancellations, and continually late payments are simply not acceptable.

I do understand that you are going through a rough time at the moment however, I cannot allow my client's personal issues to effect my child care business.

The last day I will provide care for your children is December XX, 2012. I have included the number to the local Child Care Resource & Referal office to assist you in finding care that better suits your needs.

Please understand that this is a business decision and I wish you all the best. We will truly miss DCK.

Sincerely,

Daycare Provider

Good luck and hoping this termination goes smoothly for you.
Countrygal 08:38 AM 12-11-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I think your letter sounds great but I did reword it to make it a little less personal.

Dear DCM&D,

This lettter is written notice of termination of our contract for child care services.

The reason for termination is due to continued disrespect of my child care policies. Late drop offs, numerous cancellations, and continually late payments are simply not acceptable.

I do understand that you are going through a rough time at the moment however, I cannot allow my client's personal issues to effect my child care business.

The last day I will provide care for your children is December XX, 2012. I have included the number to the local Child Care Resource & Referal office to assist you in finding care that better suits your needs.

Please understand that this is a business decision and I wish you all the best. We will truly miss DCK.

Sincerely,

Daycare Provider

Good luck and hoping this termination goes smoothly for you.
Love LOVE this wording!!! TY!!

Less probably is better, but I feel like I need something in writing to CYA for terming.....
Holiday Park 08:41 AM 12-11-2012
I like it .And I like Black Cat's revised version. I also agree less is more. However I think it shouldn't be too vague,to the point where it just sounds cold.
Countrygal 08:46 AM 12-11-2012
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Looks good, Country. I'm sorry it didn't work out with them...
I am too, especially this time of year....
Reply Up