Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>preschool transportation
SquirrellyMama 11:14 AM 08-27-2014
This year I am going to have 2 kids who go to the same preschool. I just got a call from a mom with a little girl in the preschool also. She already has a dcp, but no transportation to and from preschool.

She wanted to know if I would be willing to transport. I'm willing to do it, but not sure if and what to charge. I'm already dropping off and picking up there.

Would you charge in this instance and how much. The only bummer is that I sometimes walk the kids, but won't be able to now. It would be out of the way, an take an extra 15 minutes. We would have to leave too early.

Kelly
TheGoodLife 11:38 AM 08-27-2014
I personally would only do it if she was a client- the $ wouldn't be worth the hassle, if it includes all that extra time and energy on your part. Do you have any openings? unless that little money would REALLY help out, why go out of your way for a DCF that is in another daycare? (Now if it was a neighbor or someone close, that might be another story! But to add extra time and take away your flexibility to walk if you wanted?!)
taylorw1210 11:53 AM 08-27-2014
If you have a spot open, I would let her know that transportation to and from preschool is a perk that your daycare families are provided. Otherwise is just seems like too much hassle.
Second Home 12:02 PM 08-27-2014
Originally Posted by taylorw1210:
If you have a spot open, I would let her know that transportation to and from preschool is a perk that your daycare families are provided. Otherwise is just seems like too much hassle.
Agreed.
itlw8 01:13 PM 08-27-2014
I would say I am sorry sometimes we walk . I have room in my childcare for another but I do not transport for other programs. 15 minutes+ out of your way , interrupt your day. nope and if you do what does a taxi charge per mile. Because you will be a taxi and need commercial car ins.
Reply Up