Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Oh No!!!! I Just Found Pinterest
Country Kids 09:46 AM 11-15-2012

I'm overwhelmed and just want to spend the day browsing it!!!!

Oh my goodness-how am I going to have time for that and being here. I may have to quit childcare-

Going to have to take my time learning it or have someone show me how to do it but oh my goodness is all I can say.

I was thinking of starting to walk and maybe work out a couple times a week but I don't know now! Oh, should I get healthy or just browse pinterest-decisions, decisions, decisions!
mom2many 10:36 AM 11-15-2012
I LOVE PINTERST!!!! It is very addicting though!
littlemissmuffet 10:41 AM 11-15-2012
Oh yes, Pinterest! I can literally spend hours a time just browsing... it can be overwhelming. My husband sometimes refers to himself as a Pinterest widow!
But he benefits from all the yummy recipies!
Happy Hearts 10:45 AM 11-15-2012
Pinterest Advice: Organize and build/name your boards right away. Otherwise, you'll waste a lot of time re-organizing afterwards. If you're OCD, you may want to alphabetize them, too!

They just added a new feature: 3 secret boards!!
shelby 10:46 AM 11-15-2012
I love Pinterest! it is so addicting! Have fun browsing...
Crazy8 10:57 AM 11-15-2012
bye bye.... see you in about a month, LOL!!!! Pinterest is a HUGE time suck for me. I can sit down at nap time or late at night and say I'm just going to browse/pin for a few minutes and next thing I know its an hour later!! Have fun!
Countrygal 11:03 AM 11-15-2012
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was like that at first!! I have it under control (for the most part), but there are still times......

All I can say is ENJOY!
laundrymom 11:21 AM 11-15-2012
Love pintrest!!! It's the reason my NaNoWriMo is only at 34,000words. Lol.
seebachers 01:27 PM 11-15-2012
PINTEREST is the reason why I don't sleep.......from 9 - 11p - browsing on it, while watching my shows........I love it!!!!
wahmof3 02:07 PM 11-15-2012

Soccermom 04:06 PM 11-15-2012
I PINTEREST!!!
I find it super useful too! I have done SO many things I have found on there with the kids and also there are so many great recipes!
Such an awesome site!
I have to give myself a 1 cup of coffee limit on there though because if not I would stay on there ALL day LOL
I drink my coffee and I pin...love it!

Scout 06:24 PM 11-15-2012
Recipes, recipes, recipes!!!!:d
Lyss 06:40 PM 11-15-2012
Yay Pinterest! I love it too but I find myself collecting more things that I never do then ones I actually try! lol! I always intend to do it but some I just never get to!
spud912 07:47 PM 11-15-2012
Originally Posted by Sparrow:
Pinterest Advice: Organize and build/name your boards right away. Otherwise, you'll waste a lot of time re-organizing afterwards. If you're OCD, you may want to alphabetize them, too!

They just added a new feature: 3 secret boards!!
They have secret boards now? It's about time!!! I have been looking for a privacy feature forever now!

As far as organization, I create new boards when I add pins. Every once in a while, I will go through and delete as I see fit.

Originally Posted by Lyss:
Yay Pinterest! I love it too but I find myself collecting more things that I never do then ones I actually try! lol! I always intend to do it but some I just never get to!
I try not to pin things that I don't intend to actually do at some point, but so many things get swept to the side and forgotten. I would say I probably do ~20% of the things I pin or something similar, which I think is a really high percentage.
Sugar Magnolia 08:02 PM 11-15-2012
I keep hearing about this.... I seem to be confused. Is it mostly like cooking...and decorating...and crafting....and clothes....and stuff? I dunno, my dcm's talk about it, but always all that girly stuff. My "interests" include weird stuff like motorcycles, sand sculpture, baseball, Converse, and avoiding cooking, decorating, crafting and fashion
Sunshine74 08:49 PM 11-15-2012
Pintrest is awesome. I have a lot of pins, but I think the ones I have used the mose are the ones I have pinned for daycare. I've found so many fun activities for my preschoolers. But I have also found some really fun (and easy) nail ideas.
Lyss 10:05 PM 11-15-2012
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
I keep hearing about this.... I seem to be confused. Is it mostly like cooking...and decorating...and crafting....and clothes....and stuff? I dunno, my dcm's talk about it, but always all that girly stuff. My "interests" include weird stuff like motorcycles, sand sculpture, baseball, Converse, and avoiding cooking, decorating, crafting and fashion
I agree, this is my other dilemma with it. I do get a lot of cute ideas for the playroom and DD's room, plus activities for the kids. I always find super yummy looking recipes but my cooking skills are a little beyond a college student's! lol! I don't understand the fashion ones though... I have a friend who's always "pinning" them but their not links to ads to buy it's just outfit combos or whatever. It always confuses my non girly girl mind, do they already own these clothes but didn't think to pair them? or are they supposed to be inspiration for similar style of clothing you could buy? or is this just a "cool" artsy ad? I just stick to the kids stuff with a stop over at the drool worthy recipes i don't dare try!
Fruitloops1 12:49 PM 11-16-2012
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
Its free, check it out. There is TONS of stuff other than cooking, clothes and crafts. Tons of ideas for kids and daycare. I actually had a parent decide to go with my daycare because they saw my daycare board. My poor fiance I always show him a pin and say HEY lets build this, that or the other.
I can guarantee you will find things that interest you. Pinterest.com
Tags:pinterest
Reply Up