Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Road Trip! NY To Illinois...Suggestions For Places To Stop?
Sprouts 08:56 PM 07-17-2013
So our vacation is next week, we are leaving the 24th to drive to Illinois from NY...we are driving through PA, Ohio and Indiana...so any suggestions on where to stop along the way?
Michael 09:11 PM 07-17-2013
Originally Posted by Sprouts:
So our vacation is next week, we are leaving the 24th to drive to Illinois from NY...we are driving through PA, Ohio and Indiana...so any suggestions on where to stop along the way?
I think you'll be taking 80? I love hitting the Amish area of Lancaster. I use to live in NYC and travel to Chicago all the time. Its been a while though.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 02:48 AM 07-18-2013
Dayton you can visit the Air and Space Museum. It is free and very interesting. THis would be my number one ohio thing on the route your headed but it would be a day stop. Columbus has Cosi and a zoo. I am assuming your taking 70 across. Exits to find food etc after you have passed New Stanton PA area.. Washington PA has food etc, Cabelas exit is I am thinking 10 in that little strip of WV, St Clairsville in OH has places.. otherwise the next "good" exits are near Columbus
SilverSabre25 05:40 AM 07-18-2013
You'll be passing my house :P

If you have a little girl who likes American Girl Dolls, we have an AG store that just opened about 5 minutes from my house.

Indy has a lot of nice things to see and do.

I dunno, we tend to just drive and get where we're going :P

From Columbus OH and through IL is freakishly boring. Flat, and blah, just awful. We used to drive it from Cbus to the Quad Cities in NW IL a couple times a year. So boring. We have found that points east and north of Columbus are MUCH more interesting. We drove up to Niagara to visit my dad three years ago and the 6.5 hour drive to the falls was SO easy and fast compared to the slog that is the 8 hour drive to the QC.
Sprouts 10:35 AM 07-18-2013
We're still trying to decide if we should take 70 or 80, on 80 it seems so boring because its like 600 miles on one road! Lol
Sprouts 10:37 AM 07-18-2013
Michael were actually going to Lancaster August 9th for a church trip , but we might hit up sesame on the way back from this vacation!
Tags:road trip
Reply Up