Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Who Wants To Hear A Gross Poopy Story??
Heidi 10:24 AM 12-12-2011

So...

two of my dc kids sleep in our downstairs family room (exposed basement, semi-open stairway without door). I go down and check on them every once in a while during nap. 2yo sleeps in pnp, 3yo (aka panty flusher) sleeps on cot.

On Friday, I checked on them a few times, both appeared to be sleeping soundly.

Friday night, I am sitting down there wondering why it smells like pee. Sniffed sofa (did someone pee on the sofa?) no... I have a shih-tzu, but it didn't smell like dog pee, checked around carpet for wet spots...no...

Sunday, my dh comes home from a trip, walks in the family room, and says, "why does it smell like s*** in here? I say "I don't know, been wondering myself. It smells like pee to me, but I can't find it."

So, I hunt again..

turns out, 3yo had to go poop during nap, and instead of comming upstairs to use the toilet (which she has done before), she finds a green, square. plastic bucket, poops in it, and hides it UNDER THE TABLE!

ewwww ewww ewww...

not even sure I should tell mom. There is no where else to put her down for naps , I already have to split up 5 kids in 4 rooms. There are none left! We have an open concept log home with no curtains, so she would never sleep if I brought her up here. She doesn't really sleep at night, so she definately needs a nice long nap!
Zoe 10:27 AM 12-12-2011
huh. Can you sit her on the potty before nap and try to get her to poop so that she doesn't have to go during nap?
Unregistered 10:37 AM 12-12-2011
Here we have to stay on the same floor as the children napping. I would tell the parent because they should have the chance to speak to the child about it. I am sure thr child did not wipe either or wash their hands which should be addressed in a sensitive way. Maybe the child was nervous to use the potty or to be out of bed?
Heidi 10:42 AM 12-12-2011
Originally Posted by Zoe:
huh. Can you sit her on the potty before nap and try to get her to poop so that she doesn't have to go during nap?
She brushes her teeth and goes potty every day before nap!
Sugar Magnolia 10:51 AM 12-12-2011
Ewwwww! Gee I KNEW shouldn't have clicked on this thread! LOL! But sorry that happened, oh you poor thing! (Its kinda funny though, you'll laugh years later I hope)
wdmmom 11:01 AM 12-12-2011
Put her in a pull up at nap for a week. Tell her she needs to come upstairs if she has to go. She has an accident, she remains in a pull up for another week.
Zoe 11:02 AM 12-12-2011
Originally Posted by bbo:
She brushes her teeth and goes potty every day before nap!
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
Put her in a pull up at nap for a week. Tell her she needs to come upstairs if she has to go. She has an accident, she remains in a pull up for another week.
Well then! I'd go with wdmmom's advice.
Heidi 11:08 AM 12-12-2011
lol...she just got out of pullups at nap!

The first week she was here, she was in pullups, and instead of pooping in them, she took them off and smeared it all over.

Im sorry, but she is just a gross little girl. Her mama told me that! I love her, I really do, but she does the wierest, grossest things! No more details, please...lol...

I AM laughing about it. My teenage daughter, however, reacted with "That't it! With all the other things these kids do, now this. You should get rid of them" funny, but this isn't the proverbial straw....
caring4kidsinSD 12:01 PM 12-12-2011
I had a 1 1/2 year old smear his poop all over this pnp at naptime - GROSS - it was dried on by the time he woke up. Needless to say, it didn't clean off well and they bought themselves a pack n play(and had to buy me a new one!!)
Christian Mother 12:16 PM 12-12-2011
Ohhhh My gosh...you have me laughing over here. Totally a gross story but we all have them...I needed a good laugh so thank you!!

What about putting a baby monitor down there...that way you can hear her if she gets up or starts moving around?
Meyou 12:19 PM 12-12-2011
OMG a bucket. That is soooo gross.
Michelle 01:36 PM 12-12-2011
hey, at least it wasn't on the floor!
give the girl some credit
kayla 02:56 PM 12-12-2011
lol i have the same type of basement... But i couldnt stop laughing, i think your lucky she did it in bucket, haha my kids would have done it in their pants!!
Hunni Bee 04:24 PM 12-12-2011
Originally Posted by bbo:

So...

two of my dc kids sleep in our downstairs family room (exposed basement, semi-open stairway without door). I go down and check on them every once in a while during nap. 2yo sleeps in pnp, 3yo (aka panty flusher) sleeps on cot.

On Friday, I checked on them a few times, both appeared to be sleeping soundly.

Friday night, I am sitting down there wondering why it smells like pee. Sniffed sofa (did someone pee on the sofa?) no... I have a shih-tzu, but it didn't smell like dog pee, checked around carpet for wet spots...no...

Sunday, my dh comes home from a trip, walks in the family room, and says, "why does it smell like s*** in here? I say "I don't know, been wondering myself. It smells like pee to me, but I can't find it."

So, I hunt again..

turns out, 3yo had to go poop during nap, and instead of comming upstairs to use the toilet (which she has done before), she finds a green, square. plastic bucket, poops in it, and hides it UNDER THE TABLE!

ewwww ewww ewww...

not even sure I should tell mom. There is no where else to put her down for naps , I already have to split up 5 kids in 4 rooms. There are none left! We have an open concept log home with no curtains, so she would never sleep if I brought her up here. She doesn't really sleep at night, so she definately needs a nice long nap!
We're required to be in the room with the kids while they nap, because frankly, kids do gross stuff like that . I had one who would pee/poop in a bucket I had in the bathroom.

Honestly, if this is the panty flusher, she would never leave my sight. I would accompany her to the restroom, she would nap wherever I was. I wouldn't expose my home to any more of her gross shenanigans...

I shudder to think what she might have found to wipe with...
frgsonmysox 08:46 AM 12-13-2011
That is so gross!

My oldest son was a poop player. He'd take his diaper off at nap time and spread his poop all around. It was so gross and I'm glad none of my other kids do that.

I wouldn't let her out of your site. It seems she has a strange habit of doing inappropriate bathroom things.
MarinaVanessa 09:13 AM 12-13-2011
Originally Posted by frgsonmysox:
That is so gross!

My oldest son was a poop player.
Thank goodness my DD never was and I hope my DS isn't either. My DD however did get poopoo in the bathroom once when I was working retail one night and my fiance was watching her. She was 3 and tried wiping herself on her own and got poopoo on her hand and then tried wiping it off on the toilet seat, the wall, the floor etc. It was everywhere... and I mean EVERYWHERE. I got a phone call at work from my distraught and almost hysterical fiance who told me about it in between bouts of puking . Ahhhh, memories.
lil angels 10:42 AM 12-13-2011
I had a little girl that would take off her diaper at home and climb on the kitchen table and poop. She never did it here thank goodness. What a conversation.
Heidi 10:59 AM 12-13-2011
Originally Posted by frgsonmysox:
That is so gross!

My oldest son was a poop player. He'd take his diaper off at nap time and spread his poop all around. It was so gross and I'm glad none of my other kids do that.

I wouldn't let her out of your site. It seems she has a strange habit of doing inappropriate bathroom things.
Not just innapropriate bathroom things. She's just not good with boundries, period. A room full of toys, but she will ALWAYS find something (could be a piece of paper) to rip up and hide.

She is the one who comes here in the mornings and I have to do a search for dimes, buttons, chap stick or lipstick, nail polish, pretty much anything bright, shiny, or smelly.

I keep her in my sites as much as physically possible, but I do not provide one-on-one care. I have 5 in the group, and my home is still my home. I don't have one single, big room here.

Terminating her is not an option. 4 of my 5 kids would go at once, all from the same family. Besides, I don't want to terminate her. She makes life interesting!

BTW:
Mom's wedding ring is missing, and no, I did NOT look for it in the bucket!
Country Kids 01:56 PM 12-13-2011
She sounds like a little racoon!!! Always finding things, especially shiny things, and hiding them.
Heidi 03:28 PM 12-13-2011
well, today she came up to use the bathroom (should be good news, right?), and I praised her, and offered to walk her back down and tuck her in (she's a lover).

Um, good thing I did, because she hit a bunch of random buttons on the microwave down there! There is a small microwave on a counter we use for popcorn. Arggg!

She has been sooo good the last 6 months (after the first couple days). Thought I had her trained, but clearly not.

She is gone tommorow, but as of Thursday, she will be napping in the livingroom by me. I really really hate that, because it's bright and I know she will not sleep as well, and I won't be able to do my nap time cleaning & projects now. I don't have a choice, though. We ALL have to be safe!
Tags:gross topic, poop
Reply Up