Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Did Not Save Many Receipts :(
Scout 06:15 AM 12-27-2013
My new years resolution for 2014 is to get organized. I did not save many receipts for food, etc. last year. I am not on the food program. If I bought items that I knew I was using for dc, such as nap mats, I did save them. I am worried about what I will owe but, I know some of you don't owe anything(which gives me hope) and combined DH and I still make under 45,000 for a family of 4 with 2 dependents. I know I won't know anything for certain until our taxes are done but, should I be worried that we will owe a lot IYE? Thanks!
MrsSteinel'sHouse 06:29 AM 12-27-2013
for food- I use the standard deduction. You just need to keep track of meals served.
Punkin.Butts 07:43 AM 12-27-2013
Me too! I just use the standard! I didnt want to have to keep track of food receipts and all that!
Scout 07:59 AM 12-27-2013
Originally Posted by Punkin.Butts:
Me too! I just use the standard! I didnt want to have to keep track of food receipts and all that!
ok-since 2 of you do-what is the standard deduction for food?
MrsSteinel'sHouse 08:22 AM 12-27-2013
Standard Meal Allowance Rates for 2013 income tax returns
(in the continental U.S.)

$1.27 for each breakfast
$2.38 for each lunch or supper
$0.71 for each snack
(up to 3 snacks per day for each child)
MarinaVanessa 09:23 AM 12-27-2013
Originally Posted by MrsSteinel'sHouse:
Standard Meal Allowance Rates for 2013 income tax returns
(in the continental U.S.)

$1.27 for each breakfast
$2.38 for each lunch or supper
$0.71 for each snack
(up to 3 snacks per day for each child)
If you serve your meals around the same time every day and you kept attendance records you can recreate your food logs based on who you cared for on each day.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 09:39 AM 12-27-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
If you serve your meals around the same time every day and you kept attendance records you can recreate your food logs based on who you cared for on each day.
exactly
MyAngels 10:52 AM 12-27-2013
The meal rates/deduction are in this publication: http://www.irs.gov/publications/p587...link1000226375
Scout 11:02 AM 12-27-2013
+Thanks So much guys!!!!!! I did not know this info at all! Trying to break even here! We are taking our first vacation in 7 years the day after school lets out so all the money we can keep will help! It is also our first family vacation with the kids!
TomCopeland 11:53 AM 12-27-2013
Here's an article I wrote about how to reconstruct lost records: http://www.tomcopelandblog.com/2011/...-now-what.html
Punkin.Butts 03:29 PM 12-29-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:

this is true! Also, If you have a spread sheet program you can keep track of your attendance & meals all on one log like i do.

I attached a portion of my attendance/meal log so you could see! Its really easy and all in one space!
Attached: Attendence & Meals-Finalized - Google Drive.pdf (59.1 KB) 
Scout 04:30 AM 12-31-2013
Originally Posted by Punkin.Butts:
this is true! Also, If you have a spread sheet program you can keep track of your attendance & meals all on one log like i do.

I attached a portion of my attendance/meal log so you could see! Its really easy and all in one space!
Thank you!!
Tags:receipts - none, records
Reply Up