Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>This is Really Gross....
tenderhearts 04:42 PM 09-27-2010
I have a dcg who turned 4 in august, she has been with me since April and was already potty trained. I never have needed to assist her in the bathroom and have no problems. UNTIL about 3 weeks ago, at least once- twice per week when she poops it's every where. On the toilet paper roll, toilet seat, there is poopy toilet paper on the floor and God only knows where else. It is just so gross. I told her many times she needs to slow down, I've explained to her how it can make people sick ect, and making sure she washes her hands. I don't know why all of the sudden she's doing this. I had to go in and clean EVERYTHING. I'm sure whatever she touched was poopy. I could understand if she was in the process of learning still but she's not. I wanted to throw up.
momofsix 05:57 PM 09-27-2010
That is gross, and she is too old for that! I would make sure she tells you BEFORE she has to go poop, and actually watch her and see what she is doing. To get it all over like that she must really be messing around
tenderhearts 06:14 PM 09-27-2010
I think she's hurrying to go back and play, that's the only thing I can think of. I did tell her from now on to let me know when she goes to the bathroom.
DanceMom 07:24 AM 09-28-2010
She definately needs to tell you before she has to go, or yell for you to help her. My daughter is 4 1/2 and I dont want her wiping herself..Id rather help her wipe than clean up poop on her hands etc. She will learn eventually to do it herself but right now I have no problem doing it for her !!!

Yuck !!!
TGT09 08:42 AM 09-28-2010
This is so nasty but I'm totally envisioning her for whatever reason reaching in the toilet to get her poop to make this magnitude of mess! I can't see how a wiping incident would result in getting poop everywhere. This is a horribly unsanitary issue, I'm sorry you are having to deal with it!
ConcernedMotherof2 10:27 AM 09-28-2010
That is nasty... really, really nasty. My daughter, unfortunately did the same thing, so I can tell you what probably happened. My little angel was trained at 2, but I helped her wipe for quite some time until she got it down. Then, she just stopped wiping. She was in a really big hurry to go back to play. I noticed what was going on, of course, because I do her laundry. Then, she had a phase of relearning to wipe. It was aweful--she would do the same thing your dcg did and it took a long time to get it through her head how to properly take care of her business. I would definitely suggest talking to her mom and seeing if she is having the same issue at home. Being clean is something mom should really be teaching her.
Tags:poop
Reply Up