Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help with Crying Kid
barran 11:36 AM 01-06-2010
OK I have a new child that I just started taking.. we did the pre house visit everything was good. Then she got dropped off ....... Well this little girl cries from the time she is dropped off untill she is picked up. I mean a high pitch scream cry. The only time she is not crying is when she sleeps. The little girl wants to be held all the time but I have other kids to look after and I cant hold her all the time, it also makes it hard for the other kids to have this crying kid.

What can I do to help her.. I have told the parents that after the week if she is still like this then maybe its not going to work out.. but they say she may need longer then a week how long do I do this untill I say sorry no she has to go.
Former Teacher 03:06 PM 01-06-2010
You don't say how old she is but maybe she has never been away from home or her parents.

Sometimes it takes 2 weeks sometimes it takes 2 months. It is a scary feeling to be in a strange place esp. when you are a little one.

Have patience, don't give up on her so easy. Maybe if you set a routine with her it might help.

Good luck!
momma2girls 03:18 PM 01-06-2010
I have a 2 week trial period, I have even let some go longer if the child is only here for 2-3 days/wk. There was a little girl 11 months old, that had never been away from her Mother. WOW!!! I went thru 4 weeks of it, and I finally had to tell the parents after the 3rd week, I will try it one more week, and if not any better, I will have to let her go. I felt so badly, but it's just not fair to me, the other children, and the baby!!!
Good luck!!!!
hcmom 10:59 PM 01-07-2010
I had a 10 month old like this, I have had him since he was 3 months old and he would cry all day, except at nap time or when he was being held.

I gave it 7 months, and finally I had to give the parents a 2 week notice. It was not healthy for the baby, nor my child or the other daycare kids to hear high pitched crying every day.

I felt bad, but I KNOW I made the right decision. My home is so much more peaceful now, and I hope that the baby is in a place where he can have more one on one attention.
Tags:cry, crying, sobbing, weep
Reply Up