Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Love DayCare.com
LostMyMarbles 04:00 AM 07-29-2016
I stumbled upon this site researching curriculum online. I have to say, this has been such a blessing. I feel normal! Yup I said normal. Sometimes I get overwhelmed, bored, tired of the same thing, excited about new things, love parents, irritated with parents, sometimes I love this job, other times ugh! It is refreshing to know I am not alone and this is normal. I log on during nap time, when I have my coffee time before my kiddos come in the morning, in the evening with a glass of wine when I am sitting outside.

I have found new curriculum thanks for all the advice.
I have a new obsession of Trofast storage thanks to some of you.
I have found new meal/snack ideas.
I have found so many cool ideas.
I have found laughter thanks to the thread Provider Confession. I think that's where I found my normal again. We have all been there and will be there again. It is comforting to know I can come on here and be with people who understand.

Thank you to all for your great posts.
Josiegirl 04:15 AM 07-29-2016
There is no such thing as normal once you become a provider.
I'm glad you found this place, it has definitely been a Godsend for me and don't know how I survived before.

Welcome!!

Off to search Trofast storage, hadn't seen that one.
midaycare 05:25 AM 07-29-2016
I studied it for months before I opened, which I believe really helped me start off on the right foot and avoid a lot of problems. I'm forever grateful for that!
Michael 11:38 AM 07-29-2016
Thanks for all the positive feedback! Special thanks to the mods who keep the forum constructive and supportive. Its a 24/7 operation to monitor and keep the forum free of spammers and trolls.

If you have Facebook or twitter friends that are providers, let them know we are here!
Mike 02:59 PM 07-29-2016
Originally Posted by Michael:
Special thanks to the mods who keep the forum constructive and supportive. Its a 24/7 operation to monitor and keep the forum free of spammers and trolls.
I've seen a few of those. Dealt with that kind of problem on message boards of my own in the past. They can be a real pain.
Michael 05:34 PM 07-29-2016
Originally Posted by Mike:
I've seen a few of those. Dealt with that kind of problem on message boards of my own in the past. They can be a real pain.
Yes, and thank you Mike for using your monitoring service to keep tabs on the server. Mike's service will notify me if the site goes down. Usually BC has to text me in the morning and by the time I get up on the west coast it can be several hours until I can get the server back up. Mike is not charging us for the service.
Mike 05:51 PM 07-29-2016
Yes, and thank you Mike for using your monitoring service to keep tabs on the server. Mike's service will notify me if the site goes down. Usually BC has to text me in the morning and by the time I get up on the west coast it can be several hours until I can get the server back up. Mike is not charging us for the service.
That's just a thank you for the help this forum has been to me. I'm not even in the business yet, but this forum has helped me make sure I'm ready to start when the time comes.
Blackcat31 06:38 PM 07-29-2016
Originally Posted by Mike:
That's just a thank you for the help this forum has been to me. I'm not even in the business yet, but this forum has helped me make sure I'm ready to start when the time comes.
cool! Thanks Mike!
Mike 06:57 PM 07-29-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
cool! Thanks Mike!
You're welcome.

Do you want my monitoring system to send you an email too if it goes down, or is it strictly up to Michael to take care of when that happens?
Tags:daycare.com, forum - positive praise
Reply Up