Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Assistants???
DaycareLady19 01:35 PM 08-10-2011
I was curious what other providers are paying there assistants?? Do you give raises?? Paid time off?? Thanks!!!
Unregistered 01:48 PM 08-10-2011
My previous assistant made minimum wage, got 6 paid holidays per year, 3 paid personal/sick days per year and all food and drinks were provided.

My current assistant started out at minimum wage, she will not be offered any paid days until she is here for a year. I don't offer any more paid personal/sick days but I still provide food and drinks.
Unregistered 02:11 PM 08-10-2011
I currently do not have any assistant, due to the fact I dont have enough kids at this time. But any how my pervious assistant I paid $9 per hour. I did not supply food or drink for them, they would bring there own.
xoxo1212 03:00 PM 08-10-2011
I'm paid $100 a week instead of by the hour. I work usually two or three days a week at about 4 - 5 hours a day. I come in when called morning or night. So I guess I get paid well because I'm on call??? I don't get paid leave, but my the Daycare owner is flexible and works with me when I need time off.
Unregistered 02:37 PM 05-30-2012
i have a question how much should i pay my assistant who is 17 just for the summer its only 3 hours per day
Unregistered 08:40 PM 05-30-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
i have a question how much should i pay my assistant who is 17 just for the summer its only 3 hours per day
You should ask yourself how much you can AFFORD to pay your assistant... Think about what they will be required to do daily and how much, if you were 17, would feel like you deserved... You could also provide a smaller wage for a trial period and if you feel your assistant was working up to par, or going above and beyond, offer a small "raise."

I get paid minimum wage for about 4 hours of work daily now. That's about 30 bucks. I do light cleaning, prepare and serve breakfast, watch the kids play in the yard, then put them down for their early afternoon nap (these kids arrive to daycare at 5am!).
Michael 08:42 PM 05-30-2012
https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ssistant+rates
jokalima 08:54 PM 05-30-2012
I also have a question related to this... If I have staff and need to let them go because I loose children and can't pay them anymore, will I have to pay unemployment like a DC Center will do with a staff? Sorry if the question is stupid but i really don't know.
daycare 10:32 PM 05-30-2012
Originally Posted by jokalima:
I also have a question related to this... If I have staff and need to let them go because I loose children and can't pay them anymore, will I have to pay unemployment like a DC Center will do with a staff? Sorry if the question is stupid but i really don't know.
This is a great question I'm interested to hear this answer.
You might want to post this as a new thread so that Tom can answer it.

Thanks
jokalima 07:17 AM 05-31-2012
thanks I will do that
Tags:assistant, assistant rates
Reply Up