Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Oh The Crying! Too-Much-Crying!
sassysue 08:06 AM 09-15-2011
I've been lucky to have a lot of the same kids for the past five years.I had most of them start as an infant and the last time I actually had an infant was almost four years ago.That being said-I think I must have lost my mind when I enrolled all my new kids for the fall.
I now have:
3-4 year olds
3-2 year olds
2-1 1/2 year olds
1- 1 year old
1-3 month old
Plus my b/a kids.
The crying,oh my gosh. I obviously forgot all the crying that's involved with one year olds.Plus with starting them all at the same time,I think I've lost my mind.
Fortunately they are all transitioning well but I don't think I've heard a kid crying(unless they were hurt) in almost five years.
My 4 year olds don't cry but 7 under the age of 3 is like a circus.
All of these kids have ben with mom all sumer either due to maternity leave or teachers having the summer off.
One screams everytime I take his cup and put it away(Probably allowed to walk all around with it at home)
One screams during lunch because I think they still feed her so she just holds her cup and screams until I put her cup down and show her how to use her utensils and eat.
Another screams whenever anyone picks up or drops off.
They scream when we walk past their shoes to sit for meals because I won't let them put their shoes on.
Scream whenever it's time to move from one thing to another!
Thanks so much for letting me vent!!!!
I know it will get easier once everyone gets settled in but in the mean time my poor nerves.Here's the funny thing-My infant NEVER cries and since the third day nobody cries at nap time.That's a blessing,otherwise I might start crying myself
Any tips to keep myself fom getting so frazzled that I"m ready for bed at 5:30p.m. when everybody leaves? Kids crying has never bothered me,obviously since I run a daycare. Six kids crying is a different story!!!
I should have staggered their start times a week apart but I guess that is a lesson learned,learned the hard way. YIkes!
cheerfuldom 08:19 AM 09-15-2011
I know what you mean. I have 7 under 3.5 on my full days and there is crying even though they have all been here at least 8 months (except for my 4 month old infant). Its just a part of the deal. After they leave, I turn everything noisy off in the house (my DH is bad about leaving TVs on constantly) just to have a rest. Noise fatigue is a really big struggle for me. I think things will just improve for you though especially since you have naps well in hand. My own infant rarely cries but I have a 12 month old and a 10 month old that struggle with crying here (a lot more than the baby!)
AnythingsPossible 08:30 AM 09-15-2011
I too have 7 under 3.5 every day. Mine isn't so much the crying, but I have a lot of whiners. I have a 10 month old that whines constantly. He follows me around and whines. He is only happy if I am sitting on the floor and obviously I can't do that all day!
By the end of the day, I am wiped out. When the last one walks out the door, I have the urge to lay on the floor and just be. Though I don't want it quiet. I usually turn on music I like very loud!
It would be wrong to wear ear plugs all day right?
christinaskids 08:38 AM 09-15-2011
I totally know how you feel. I have my own one year old, a nine month old that was kicked out of his old daycare for constant crying and a one and a half year old and i have a problem with them crying for attention constantly. Ive had days where i had to have someone help me so i could have a break and days i called the hubby crying myself. Its made me wonder my choice of doing daycare but like any other job there are bad days and i move on. I figure next summer will be awesome with the ages that they will be at.
nannyde 08:51 AM 09-15-2011
Do you have a helper?
sassysue 09:23 AM 09-15-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Do you have a helper?
Oh yes,I definetely have a helper. I thinks she wants to cry lately too
caligirl 09:56 AM 09-15-2011
Oh yes.........one year olds....... my least favorite age. IMO it is the most difficult. They cannot communicate yet so crying and fussing is the way to go Now, give me a room full of 2 yr olds and I am a happy DCP!
cheerfuldom 10:10 AM 09-15-2011
i have a helper two mornings a week and also stagger the part timers so its rare that all 7 are here at the same time. that makes the difference!!
sassysue 06:23 AM 09-28-2011
UPDATE ***
Well it's been 3 weeks now.Everyone has settled in, no crying and a bunch of really sweet little ones
The good news is I've lost 15lbs. this month just chasing around all the little ones. Either that or crying makes me lose weight
I did add a little 15 minute work out routine to my mornings to deal with the stress.I guess it is true when they say every bit of exercise counts,even if it's 15 minutes.I'm still getting used to going from changing 5 diapers a day to 35-40 a day.
cheerfuldom 07:53 AM 09-28-2011
go you! I noticed a big difference in my energy level when I started jogging. I have about 20lbs of baby weight to lose and it is coming off slow and steady. Plus getting out of the house is a big bonus!
laundrymom 11:02 AM 09-28-2011
Originally Posted by sassysue:
UPDATE ***
Well it's been 3 weeks now.Everyone has settled in, no crying and a bunch of really sweet little ones
The good news is I've lost 15lbs. this month just chasing around all the little ones. Either that or crying makes me lose weight
I did add a little 15 minute work out routine to my mornings to deal with the stress.I guess it is true when they say every bit of exercise counts,even if it's 15 minutes.I'm still getting used to going from changing 5 diapers a day to 35-40 a day.
thank you for saying that!!! around here people think Im making it up! lol
Tags:crying - all day, crying - every day
Reply Up