Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Let the Halloween Day Begin
LostMyMarbles 04:23 AM 10-31-2019
I wake up at my normal time, do my normal routine, grab my phone and head into the kitchen, only to discover that a parent decided it was OK to text me at 11:57 last night. So far this morning I have received eight text messages from parents about stupid Halloween things. I swear today and tomorrow are the worst days in daycare of the year. How is your Halloween day going so far?
Cat Herder 05:23 AM 10-31-2019
So far, so good. The party scene is set up. The treats are ready for going home. The crafts are almost dry. Only two kids are late showing up and missed breakfast.

Everyone claims they are coming to pick-up early so I made a Halloween Themed dinner to serve all my closing time pick-ups before they head off to TRT. Parents tend to forget to factor in today's traffic.

I've been here before.
Ms.Kay 05:44 AM 10-31-2019
Oh yes...everyone to pick up early.....I will not hold my breathe.
Blackcat31 06:08 AM 10-31-2019
I am off tomorrow so YAY!

I plan to fill them full of party fun and candy goodness and send them all home happy and ready to go Trick or Treating with their families.

Several of my kiddos are going home early which is awesome since I had a DCK forgotten here last night. Usually picked up at 4:15. Still here more than 45 minutes past closing First time in years..... DCP's got in LOUD argument in the driveway when they did show up.

But today's agenda is to just have fun and enjoy the day!

Happy Halloween everyone!!

Ariana 06:13 AM 10-31-2019
I have never had any issues with Halloween so that is good! I didn’t do costumes this year, only black, white and orange or halloween themed clothes. Have some pumpkin themed food for the day and we are going to dance and make monster faces.

We are supposed to get 50mm of rain tonight and wind gusts so Halloween here is gonna be a dud I am sure
gumdrops 07:12 AM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I am off tomorrow so YAY!

I plan to fill them full of party fun and candy goodness and send them all home happy and ready to go Trick or Treating with their families.

Several of my kiddos are going home early which is awesome since I had a DCK forgotten here last night. Usually picked up at 4:15. Still here more than 45 minutes past closing First time in years..... DCP's got in LOUD argument in the driveway when they did show up.

But today's agenda is to just have fun and enjoy the day!

Happy Halloween everyone!!

Do they still have a spot with you?!
Blackcat31 07:19 AM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by gumdrops:
Do they still have a spot with you?!
They do. But I also have a bit of extra cash to spend over the weekend too so....

It really wasn't DCMs fault. She works later and is responsible for all drop offs. DCD is pick up person and he decided to have a quick nap that ended up being longer than intended so my beef is with him more than DCM.
She left work and came IMMEDIATELY after seeing my text.

They are really young and DCM tries to do it all..... DCD is like a second child to her. I so want to give her advice but I remember all too well how welcome that kind of helpfulness was when I was her age so I try to just let their issues be their issues.

I've had them in care for a few years now and this is the first time they've messed up. I can forgive and move forward. Plus DCM brought me Reese's peanut butter cups today so....
Baby Beluga 08:08 AM 10-31-2019
We do low key Halloween here. We wear pjs, watch a G rated Halloween movie, we decorate and eat sugar cookies, do a hand print keepsake craft and a Halloween lunch.

However, the kids are bonkers today. The anticipation and excitement drive them wild

BC, isn't today your birthday? Happy birthday
Blackcat31 08:25 AM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:

???....no idea what you're talking about....
Jupadia 08:42 AM 10-31-2019
The kids are in costume here, though they have been removed for lunch and nap. I'm in costume as well, this year I made it simple, I'm wearing a onsie dragon pajama from walmart.

My kids are at school both in costume. One is wearing his dragon onesie (zips in front for easy potty access he is 3). He wanted to be a scarecrow but there was nothing in anywhere or online in his size, just every other size. Dragon was his seconed pick, but the costume ones all are not potty friendly. My other guy is Shazam.

Eta: I close an hour early tonight so I can enjoy the night with my kids, though were getting rain and wind gusts. I'm sure the kids will have fun. I just keep telling myself it's not a blizzard, like the weather were I grew up
jenboo 08:53 AM 10-31-2019
Happy birthday BC!!!

I just have my own two kids and one DCBaby. Easy day for me!... which is good because I was up until 3am making our costumes for tonight.
LostMyMarbles 09:16 AM 10-31-2019
We did a full on party, costumes, games, prizes , home made pizza, and now nap time. All early pick ups, so they say.

BC , are you going to share your pb cups?
Ariana 10:52 AM 10-31-2019
Knew I was forgetting something!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLACKCAT
Josiegirl 12:44 PM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
???....no idea what you're talking about....
Happy Birthday Blackcat!!! Enjoy your extra long weekend!! Smart of you to close the day after the Annual Candy Feast Night!

Doing all those parties/decorations/crafts/treats became a drag for me in recent years. So why do I miss it today??
Cat Herder 01:19 PM 10-31-2019
Happy Birthday, BC

Bet you'd be shocked to know my daycare kids that were supposed to be picked up by now are still here.
Blackcat31 02:34 PM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
We do low key Halloween here. We wear pjs, watch a G rated Halloween movie, we decorate and eat sugar cookies, do a hand print keepsake craft and a Halloween lunch.

However, the kids are bonkers today. The anticipation and excitement drive them wild

Thank you for the birthday wishes!
Your activities sound like a lot of fun!

Originally Posted by jenboo:
Happy birthday BC!!!

I just have my own two kids and one DCBaby. Easy day for me!... which is good because I was up until 3am making our costumes for tonight.

3am? Yikes you are a dedicated mom!

Originally Posted by LostMyMarbles:
We did a full on party, costumes, games, prizes , home made pizza, and now nap time. All early pick ups, so they say.

BC , are you going to share your pb cups?
I'd share but somehow I don't think they will last too long before I cave and end up eating them all.

Originally Posted by Ariana:
Knew I was forgetting something!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLACKCAT

Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Happy Birthday Blackcat!!! Enjoy your extra long weekend!! Smart of you to close the day after the Annual Candy Feast Night!

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised that this year worked out so well that I could close the day after and not have to endure any of those awful Halloween hangovers that we all know every single kid will have.

Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Happy Birthday, BC

Bet you'd be shocked to know my daycare kids that were supposed to be picked up by now are still here.
Thank you for the birthday wishes too!

I hope your kiddos all go home soon...I'm only waiting on two of them and both should be here in a few minutes.

DH spent the afternoon out in the front yard waving at all the busses pasing by (the school is 2 blocks away from me) and "scaring" parents as they arrived.

Here he is with one of my little guys and his older sister.
Attached: thumbnail_IMG_3734.jpg (118.4 KB) 
DaveA 03:46 PM 10-31-2019
Late to the party but Happy Birthday Blackcat!!!
Blackcat31 04:12 PM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by DaveA:
Late to the party but Happy Birthday Blackcat!!!
Thank you!!
Michael 05:33 PM 10-31-2019
We live near the Reagan Library and had a mandatory evacuation yesterday after noon. We are finally back home and I made a mad rush to put up all the Halloween decorations for the kids tonight. Not sure any are going to show up after all the fires.
Ariana 05:42 PM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by Michael:
We live near the Reagan Library and had a mandatory evacuation yesterday after noon. We are finally back home and I made a mad rush to put up all the Halloween decorations for the kids tonight. Not sure any are going to show up after all the fires.
Oh no Michael that sucks! How are the fires now? Stay safe
Michael 10:10 AM 11-01-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Oh no Michael that sucks! How are the fires now? Stay safe
Fires are out near me but a new fire has started to the north near Ventura. It looked huge from my house last night but is probably 20 miles away. MV who is a member here must be very close to it.
e.j. 02:10 PM 11-01-2019
Happy belated birthday, Black Cat.

Michael, I've been thinking of you and your family. I hope you all (and MV) stay safe. I get anxious just seeing the news footage every night and I'm on the opposite coast! I can't imagine having to deal with that fire threat.
Tags:halloween - party, halloween - schedule
Reply Up